Rupee rises on lower-than-expected inflation
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee gains gains after data shows a slower-than-expected rise in wholesale inflation in January. The pair trading at 53.84/85 from 53.89/90 levels before the data.
USD/INR closed at 53.82/83 on Wednesday.
India's annual wholesale price inflation eased to 6.62 percent in January, below expectations of 7 percent. Core inflation rose 4.1 percent, slower than an expected 4.2 percent rise. (Read full story here)
The pair is seen holding in a 53.70 to 53.90 range during the rest of the session.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man sues, claiming penis amputated instead of circumcised
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- REFILE-Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet
- Wipro sees strong sales growth, eyes Europe deals
- Taiwan launches inquiry into plane crash that killed 48
Sri Lankan, Indian central banks agree scope for government debt buys. Full Article