Rupee rises on lower-than-expected inflation
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee gains gains after data shows a slower-than-expected rise in wholesale inflation in January. The pair trading at 53.84/85 from 53.89/90 levels before the data.
USD/INR closed at 53.82/83 on Wednesday.
India's annual wholesale price inflation eased to 6.62 percent in January, below expectations of 7 percent. Core inflation rose 4.1 percent, slower than an expected 4.2 percent rise. (Read full story here)
The pair is seen holding in a 53.70 to 53.90 range during the rest of the session.
(Reporting by Swati Bhat)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs
- Malaysian jet's disappearance among rarest of aviation disasters
- Malaysia Airlines says "fearing the worst" for missing jet
- Australia's Wesfarmers plans A$1.12 billion insurance spinoff - report
- Malaysia probing two more passengers on missing flight - source
PLANE GOES MISSING
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew was presumed to have crashed off the Vietnamese coast on Saturday, and European officials said two people on board were using false identities. Full Article