Tata Motors falls on fears Q3 results may miss estimates
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Tata Motors (TAMO.NS) shares fell more than 2 percent on worries that October-December earnings will miss market expectations on the back of a disappointing report card at the key Jaguar Land Rover (JLR)subsidiary.
Increasing reliance on lower-margin models such as the Land Rover Evoque and Freelander and adverse currency movements are seen denting Tata Motors' quarterly results due later on Thursday, as JLR's free cash flow (FCF) turns negative.
British luxury car maker JLR issued a warning last month that it is likely to report lower EBITDA margin in the October-December quarter compared with the previous two quarters.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- UPDATE 3-Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake' -U.S. officials
- Rebels likely downed Malaysian jet 'by mistake' - U.S. officials
- Analysis - Argentine default in balance as government refuses to capitulate
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
The Nifty rose to a record high on Wednesday, led by gains in blue-chips such as ICICI Bank on continued foreign-investor buying, while higher Asian shares also helped sentiment. Full Article
Bullish on Indian equities, but gains seen 'less sharp'- Goldman Sachs Full Article
Supreme Court could allow Sahara boss to conduct asset sale talks, company says. Full Article
Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food Full Article