Tata Motors falls on fears Q3 results may miss estimates
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Tata Motors (TAMO.NS) shares fell more than 2 percent on worries that October-December earnings will miss market expectations on the back of a disappointing report card at the key Jaguar Land Rover (JLR)subsidiary.
Increasing reliance on lower-margin models such as the Land Rover Evoque and Freelander and adverse currency movements are seen denting Tata Motors' quarterly results due later on Thursday, as JLR's free cash flow (FCF) turns negative.
British luxury car maker JLR issued a warning last month that it is likely to report lower EBITDA margin in the October-December quarter compared with the previous two quarters.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. Treasury moves against tax-avoidance 'inversion' deals
- Chinese and Indian troops in Himalayan standoff
- India withdraws regulator's power to cap non-essential drug prices
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test
- U.S. and Arab allies launch first strikes on fighters in Syria
India has withdrawn the drug pricing authority's powers that allowed it to fix the prices of medicines not deemed essential, after its decision to impose price caps on more than 100 drugs in July triggered industry protests. Article