Wipro says Nifty exclusion temporary as shares fall
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Wipro Ltd(WIPR.NS) fall 2.5 percent a day after it was announced the Indian software services exporter would be excluded from the Nifty from April 1.
"A corporate action like our demerger of a listed company would generally result in a short term withdrawal of the scrip from the index as it has been happening in the past where such corporate action had been initiated," Wipro said in a statement.
Wipro said in November it would fold all of its non-IT businesses into a new company and focus exclusively on information technology.
Wipro also said it expects restoration of the stock into the Nifty upon completion of the split in the next few months.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns
- Brookfield wins Revel Casino auction, but loser vows to fight
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX fall gets deeper as financial, energy shares drag
- UPDATE 2-EU-Russia gas duel deepens with Slovakia supply cut
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article