Wipro, Siemens to be excluded from Nifty from April 1; shares fall
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in software service exporter Wipro Ltd (WIPR.NS) ended with losses of 3.3 percent while while power equipment maker Siemens Ltd (SIEM.NS) fell 4.7 percent on Thursday after India Index Services & Products Ltd said both companies would be removed from the Nifty on April 1.
India Index Services & Products announced the exclusion in a statement on Wednesday, adding private sector lender IndusInd Bank Ltd (INBK.NS) and iron ore producer NMDC Ltd (NMDC.NS) would be included in the Nifty index in their place.
However, NMDC shares ended up 1.2 percent while IndusInd rose 0.15 percent.
(Reporting by Rafael Nam; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- Missing jet could slow Malaysian Airline's return to profit
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- TIMELINE - The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Pilot of missing Malaysian flight an aviation tech geek
The disappearance of a Malaysian jetliner is an "unprecedented aviation mystery", a senior official said on Monday, with a massive air and sea search now in its third day failing to find any confirmed trace of the plane or the 239 people aboard. Full Article