Wipro, Siemens to be excluded from Nifty from April 1; shares fall
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in software service exporter Wipro Ltd (WIPR.NS) ended with losses of 3.3 percent while while power equipment maker Siemens Ltd (SIEM.NS) fell 4.7 percent on Thursday after India Index Services & Products Ltd said both companies would be removed from the Nifty on April 1.
India Index Services & Products announced the exclusion in a statement on Wednesday, adding private sector lender IndusInd Bank Ltd (INBK.NS) and iron ore producer NMDC Ltd (NMDC.NS) would be included in the Nifty index in their place.
However, NMDC shares ended up 1.2 percent while IndusInd rose 0.15 percent.
(Reporting by Rafael Nam; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Avalanche kills at least 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount Everest
- UPDATE 10-Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- Mediterranean diet may slow diabetes progression
- UPDATE 5-U.S. further delays final decision on Keystone XL pipeline
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article
Turning smog into jewels - a Dutch designer's solution to Beijing's pollution. Video