Wipro, Siemens to be excluded from Nifty from April 1; shares fall
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in software service exporter Wipro Ltd (WIPR.NS) ended with losses of 3.3 percent while while power equipment maker Siemens Ltd (SIEM.NS) fell 4.7 percent on Thursday after India Index Services & Products Ltd said both companies would be removed from the Nifty on April 1.
India Index Services & Products announced the exclusion in a statement on Wednesday, adding private sector lender IndusInd Bank Ltd (INBK.NS) and iron ore producer NMDC Ltd (NMDC.NS) would be included in the Nifty index in their place.
However, NMDC shares ended up 1.2 percent while IndusInd rose 0.15 percent.
(Reporting by Rafael Nam; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- L&T earnings raise 'multiple red flags' - Citi; stock slumps
- Chinese police shoot dead dozens after attack in Xinjiang
- In rare move, Canada accuses Chinese of trying to hack govt network
Up to 150 people were feared trapped by a landslide triggered by heavy rains in Maharashtra on Wednesday, the inspector general of the national disaster force told Reuters, saying that the first batch of emergency workers had arrived at the scene. Full Article