Wipro, Siemens to be excluded from Nifty from April 1; shares fall
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Shares in software service exporter Wipro Ltd (WIPR.NS) ended with losses of 3.3 percent while while power equipment maker Siemens Ltd (SIEM.NS) fell 4.7 percent on Thursday after India Index Services & Products Ltd said both companies would be removed from the Nifty on April 1.
India Index Services & Products announced the exclusion in a statement on Wednesday, adding private sector lender IndusInd Bank Ltd (INBK.NS) and iron ore producer NMDC Ltd (NMDC.NS) would be included in the Nifty index in their place.
However, NMDC shares ended up 1.2 percent while IndusInd rose 0.15 percent.
(Reporting by Rafael Nam; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- NTT DoCoMo to exit India, unload entire stake in Tata Teleservices - sources
- UPDATE 3-Apple, Google agree to settle lawsuit alleging hiring conspiracy
- Apple, Google agree to settle antitrust lawsuit over hiring deals-filing
- UPDATE 2-FCC pushes back against criticism over Internet traffic plan
- Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
India may cede top rice exporter spot under Southeast Asian price onslaught. Full Article