UPDATE 1-Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Feb 15 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Friday:
* JPMorgan Chase & Co's global head of equity proprietary trading has quit the investment bank to set up a hedge fund in Switzerland, the Financial Times reported.
* Japanese financial services firm Orix Corp will buy Dutch asset manager Robeco from its owner Rabobank for about 240 billion yen ($2.58 billion)in a cash and stock deal, sources familiar with the matter said on Friday.
* Abu Dhabi's Aabar Investments has begun talks with lenders about refinancing a $2 billion loan due to mature in May, three banking sources told Reuters.
* Indian life insurance companies HDFC Life, Birla Sun Life and ICICI Prudential have shown interest in purchasing HSBC's stake in its insurance joint venture with Indian banks Oriental Bank of Commerce and Canara Bank, the Economic Times reported.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Plague in Madagascar has killed 40 people out of 119 cases -WHO
- Widespread flooding ahead for snowy western New York: officials |
- U.S., Iran discussing new ideas to break nuclear impasse - sources
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Video streaming service Aereo files for bankruptcy
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has a long list of pro-growth measures to implement over the next four months, but time may have already run out to breathe enough life into the economy to meet the tough 2014/15 fiscal deficit target without cuts. Article