UPDATE 1-Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
Feb 15 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Friday:
* JPMorgan Chase & Co's global head of equity proprietary trading has quit the investment bank to set up a hedge fund in Switzerland, the Financial Times reported.
* Japanese financial services firm Orix Corp will buy Dutch asset manager Robeco from its owner Rabobank for about 240 billion yen ($2.58 billion)in a cash and stock deal, sources familiar with the matter said on Friday.
* Abu Dhabi's Aabar Investments has begun talks with lenders about refinancing a $2 billion loan due to mature in May, three banking sources told Reuters.
* Indian life insurance companies HDFC Life, Birla Sun Life and ICICI Prudential have shown interest in purchasing HSBC's stake in its insurance joint venture with Indian banks Oriental Bank of Commerce and Canara Bank, the Economic Times reported.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria - monitor
- Lax security in focus after attack at Canada's parliament
- India hope to get boxer Sarita Devi's suspension reversed
- Apple CEO says to add 25 stores in China within two years - Sina
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article