Pistorius committed premeditated murder - prosecutor
PRETORIA (Reuters) - South African prosecutors will argue that international sports star Oscar Pistorius committed premeditated murder when he shot his girlfriend dead at his luxury home, they told a Pretoria court on Friday.
'Blade Runner' Pistorius, a double amputee who became one of the biggest names in world athletics, broke down in tears after being formally charged in the court with the murder of his girlfriend the previous day.
(Reporting by David Dolan; Writing by Jon Herskovitz)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- OPEC oil output hits highest since 2012 on Libya, Saudi-Reuters Survey
- Lightning, rain fail to deter resolute Hong Kong protesters
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State
- Obama, Modi work to deepen improving U.S.-India ties
- Obama, Modi discuss trade, climate, Islamic State at White House
The ugly spectre of drugs in sport took centre stage at the Asian Games on Tuesday when two athletes, including a gold medal winner, were kicked out of the region's biggest multi-sports competition for doping offences. Full Article