Sistema India phone unit says intends to bid in airwave auction
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Russian conglomerate Sistema's(SSAq.L) Indian mobile phone unit, fighting a court order to revoke its permits, said on Friday it has told the court it intends to bid for airwaves in an auction due in March and wants to continue its services.
Sistema Shyam TeleServices Ltd said in a statement it was awaiting the court's order on its application.
The Supreme Court of India earlier on Friday ruled carriers whose permits were revoked last year must stop operations immediately unless they have won new rights to airwaves.
(Reporting by Devidutta Tripathy, editing by Anurag Kotoky)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Korea ferry businessman's body found next to book, alcohol bottles
- UPDATE 3-Comcast profit boosted by internet subscriber growth, NBC
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts
- Singer Billy Joel to be honored with U.S. Gershwin Prize
Supreme Court could allow Sahara boss to conduct asset sale talks, company says. Full Article