FACTBOX - Berlin film festival 2013 winners
REUTERS - The Berlin film festival ended on Saturday with the closing awards ceremony.
Following is the list of prize winners:
Best film (Golden Bear)
- "Child's Pose", directed by Calin Peter Netzer, Romania
Jury Grand Prix (Silver Bear)
- "An Episode in the Life of an Iron Picker", directed by Danis Tanovic, Bosnia
Best Director (Silver Bear)
- U.S. director David Gordon Green for "Prince Avalanche"
Best Actress (Silver Bear)
- Paulina Garcia for Chilean film "Gloria"
Best Actor (Silver Bear)
- Nazif Mujic for Bosnian film "An Episode in the Life of an Iron Picker"
Best screenplay (Silver Bear)
- Jafar Panahi and Kamboziya Partovi for Iranian film "Closed Curtain"
Outstanding artistic contribution (Silver Bear)
- Kazakh cameraman Aziz Zhambakiyev for "Harmony Lessons"
Alfred Bauer Prize (honouring innovation)
- "Vic + Flo Saw a Bear", directed by Denis Cote, Canada. (Reporting by Mike Collett-White, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
- India's fiscal deficit in H1 almost 83 pct of full-year target
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Sensex surges 500 points on BOJ easing, L&T gains
- PRECIOUS-Gold, silver tumble to four-year lows as dollar rallies
Kalki Koechlin is one of the few Bollywood actresses in recent years to build her star power while proving her talent in indie and mainstream cinema. Koechlin, 30, who was born in India to French parents, spoke to Reuters about her role as a disabled girl in "Margarita, With a Straw" and spending two months in a wheelchair for the part. Full Article