FACTBOX - Berlin film festival 2013 winners
REUTERS - The Berlin film festival ended on Saturday with the closing awards ceremony.
Following is the list of prize winners:
Best film (Golden Bear)
- "Child's Pose", directed by Calin Peter Netzer, Romania
Jury Grand Prix (Silver Bear)
- "An Episode in the Life of an Iron Picker", directed by Danis Tanovic, Bosnia
Best Director (Silver Bear)
- U.S. director David Gordon Green for "Prince Avalanche"
Best Actress (Silver Bear)
- Paulina Garcia for Chilean film "Gloria"
Best Actor (Silver Bear)
- Nazif Mujic for Bosnian film "An Episode in the Life of an Iron Picker"
Best screenplay (Silver Bear)
- Jafar Panahi and Kamboziya Partovi for Iranian film "Closed Curtain"
Outstanding artistic contribution (Silver Bear)
- Kazakh cameraman Aziz Zhambakiyev for "Harmony Lessons"
Alfred Bauer Prize (honouring innovation)
- "Vic + Flo Saw a Bear", directed by Denis Cote, Canada. (Reporting by Mike Collett-White, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- WHO warns of 'shadow zones' and unreported Ebola cases
- China gold exchange gains traction as yuan reforms stir interest
- Liverpool won't change attacking style says Rodgers
“Katiyabaaz” takes a compelling look at an enormous problem, and transforms the mundane, all-too-familiar reality of India’s power crisis into a gripping tale of Indian ingenuity and battle for survival. The movie releases on Friday; watch it if stark reality on celluloid does not leave you feeling bored, short-changed or overwhelmed, writes Anupriya Kumar. Review