FACTBOX - Berlin film festival 2013 winners
REUTERS - The Berlin film festival ended on Saturday with the closing awards ceremony.
Following is the list of prize winners:
Best film (Golden Bear)
- "Child's Pose", directed by Calin Peter Netzer, Romania
Jury Grand Prix (Silver Bear)
- "An Episode in the Life of an Iron Picker", directed by Danis Tanovic, Bosnia
Best Director (Silver Bear)
- U.S. director David Gordon Green for "Prince Avalanche"
Best Actress (Silver Bear)
- Paulina Garcia for Chilean film "Gloria"
Best Actor (Silver Bear)
- Nazif Mujic for Bosnian film "An Episode in the Life of an Iron Picker"
Best screenplay (Silver Bear)
- Jafar Panahi and Kamboziya Partovi for Iranian film "Closed Curtain"
Outstanding artistic contribution (Silver Bear)
- Kazakh cameraman Aziz Zhambakiyev for "Harmony Lessons"
Alfred Bauer Prize (honouring innovation)
- "Vic + Flo Saw a Bear", directed by Denis Cote, Canada. (Reporting by Mike Collett-White, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- UPDATE 1-UK's Labour suffers setback as leader in Scotland quits
- India picks Israel's Spike anti-tank missile over U.S. Javelin - source
- Maker of U.S. highway guardrails stops shipments over safety concerns
Modern India is walking slowly towards a general acceptance of homosexuals and lesbians. Shonali Bose in her new film, “Margarita, With a Straw,” tries to pick up the pace. The film, which premiered and won the NETPAC award at the Toronto Film Festival earlier this year, is about a teenager with cerebral palsy who is unabashed about her sexuality, much to the horror of her middle-class, conservative mother. Full Article
Farah Khan brings back SRK, self-deprecating jokes, six-pack abs and lots of bling. Full Article