REUTERS - The Berlin film festival ended on Saturday with the closing awards ceremony.
Following is the list of prize winners:
Best film (Golden Bear)
- "Child's Pose", directed by Calin Peter Netzer, Romania
Jury Grand Prix (Silver Bear)
- "An Episode in the Life of an Iron Picker", directed by Danis Tanovic, Bosnia
Best Director (Silver Bear)
- U.S. director David Gordon Green for "Prince Avalanche"
Best Actress (Silver Bear)
- Paulina Garcia for Chilean film "Gloria"
Best Actor (Silver Bear)
- Nazif Mujic for Bosnian film "An Episode in the Life of an Iron Picker"
Best screenplay (Silver Bear)
- Jafar Panahi and Kamboziya Partovi for Iranian film "Closed Curtain"
Outstanding artistic contribution (Silver Bear)
- Kazakh cameraman Aziz Zhambakiyev for "Harmony Lessons"
Alfred Bauer Prize (honouring innovation)
- "Vic + Flo Saw a Bear", directed by Denis Cote, Canada. (Reporting by Mike Collett-White, editing by Paul Casciato)
Trending On Reuters
A dubbed fantasy epic that charmed millions of Hindi-speaking moviegoers this month has startled the Indian film industry, with box-office analysts viewing the movie’s record-breaking run as a wake-up call for Bollywood. U.S. blockbusters are also trumping domestic releases at the Indian box office. “Bollywood should be worried," said Shailesh Kapoor of Ormax Media, which tracks Indian releases. Full Article
Maruti Suzuki June-quarter profit jumps 56 percent; lower costs, higher sales. Full Article
Florida family finds $1 million in treasure from sunken Spanish armada. Full Article