New Zealand call up Southee, Rutherford for second ODI
REUTERS - New Zealand have brought paceman Tim Southee and batsman Hamish Rutherford into the squad for the second one-day international against England on Wednesday after injuries to seamer Mitchell McClenaghan and opener Martin Guptill.
McClenaghan picked up four wickets in New Zealand's three-wicket victory in Hamilton on Sunday, but suffered a side strain that has ruled him out for the rest of the three-match series.
Guptill, who scored an unbeaten 27 while playing with a left hamstring strain to guide the hosts to victory, would be sidelined for at least the second match in Napier, New Zealand Cricket said in a statement on Monday.
Rutherford, 23, made his international debut in the Twenty20 series against England earlier this month, which New Zealand lost 2-1.
The 24-year-old swing bowler Southee returns to the national fold after recovering from ligament damage to his left thumb.
(Reporting by Ian Ransom in Melbourne; Editing by Peter Rutherford)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- Pakistani Islamists use floods to turn opinion against India
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA |
- Iraqi official briefs Syria's Assad on efforts against Islamic State
- Citing security threat, Obama expands U.S. role fighting Ebola
Holders Real Madrid chased away some of their early-season blues when Gareth Bale scored the pick of the goals in a 5-1 rout of FC Basel in their Champions League Group B opener on Tuesday. Full Article