RBI deputy says new bank license guidelines before end March - TV
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will issue final guidelines on new bank licenses before the current fiscal year ends in March, local television news channels reported, quoting Deputy Governor Anand Sinha.
The guidelines would pave the way for corporate houses to enter the banking sector. No new Indian bank has been formed since Yes Bank(YESB.NS) in 2004.
The RBI has completed talks with the finance ministry on the new bank license guidelines, Sinha was quoted as saying by local TV.
(Reporting by Shamik Paul; Editing by Susan Fenton)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Security threat reported on Detroit-Denver Delta flight
- Mediterranean diet may slow diabetes progression
- UPDATE 10-Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- UPDATE 3-Avalanche kills at least 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount Everest
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article
Turning smog into jewels - a Dutch designer's solution to Beijing's pollution. Video