RBI deputy says new bank license guidelines before end March - TV
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) will issue final guidelines on new bank licenses before the current fiscal year ends in March, local television news channels reported, quoting Deputy Governor Anand Sinha.
The guidelines would pave the way for corporate houses to enter the banking sector. No new Indian bank has been formed since Yes Bank(YESB.NS) in 2004.
The RBI has completed talks with the finance ministry on the new bank license guidelines, Sinha was quoted as saying by local TV.
(Reporting by Shamik Paul; Editing by Susan Fenton)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- CEO in apparent suicide was bitcoin fan, had other issues, too
- RPT-With Crimean appeal, Putin goes head-to-head with West over Ukraine
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Privacy groups ask regulators to halt Facebook's $19 billion WhatsApp deal
The Nifty rose to a record high, and the benchmark BSE Sensex hit its record for a second consecutive session, as foreign investors bet big in a country that just months ago was gripped by market turmoil. Full Article