Office Depot, OfficeMax in merger talks: source
NEW YORK (Reuters) - U.S. office supply chains Office Depot Inc (ODP.N) and OfficeMax Inc OMX.N are in advanced discussions for a merger, a person familiar with the matter said on Monday.
A deal could come as soon as this week, that person said, adding that the talks were ongoing and could still fall apart.
Currently, the deal is expected to be structured as a stock-for-stock transaction, the person said.
Neither company responded to requests seeking comment.
(Reporting by Nadia Damouni; Editing by Dale Hudson)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- North Korea says Jang Song Thaek, uncle of leader Kim Jong Un, executed
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge
- Micromax aims to go global, high-end with smartphones
- BSE Sensex marks biggest weekly fall in nearly a month
- UPDATE 1-Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake -officials