ACC, Ambuja up; tech fees to parent lower than expected
Reuters Market Eye - Shares of ACC Ltd (ACC.NS) and Ambuja Cements Ltd (ABUJ.NS) gain after shareholders at each of the cement makers separately approved paying technology fees to controlling stakeholder Holcim Ltd (HOLN.VX) of 1 percent of net annual sales.
The approvals remove an uncertainty that had been weighing on the Indian companies, as some investors had feared a protracted process over a decision that had been unpopular with shareholders.
ACC gains 2.4 percent while Ambuja Cements is up 0.5 percent.
Holcim holds a 50.3 percent stake in ACC and 50.6 percent in Ambuja Cements.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- UPDATE 1-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Comedian Joan Rivers still on life support - daughter
Optimism that sunny growth figures herald an economic revival in India is probably misplaced - in fact there is little hard evidence to support the idea that Asia's third-largest economy is heading for a broader and sustained rebound anytime soon. Full Article
100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups. Full Article