ACC, Ambuja up; tech fees to parent lower than expected
Reuters Market Eye - Shares of ACC Ltd (ACC.NS) and Ambuja Cements Ltd (ABUJ.NS) gain after shareholders at each of the cement makers separately approved paying technology fees to controlling stakeholder Holcim Ltd (HOLN.VX) of 1 percent of net annual sales.
The approvals remove an uncertainty that had been weighing on the Indian companies, as some investors had feared a protracted process over a decision that had been unpopular with shareholders.
ACC gains 2.4 percent while Ambuja Cements is up 0.5 percent.
Holcim holds a 50.3 percent stake in ACC and 50.6 percent in Ambuja Cements.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote but demand new powers
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
- India TV anchor's number is up after naming China's Xi 'Eleven'
- Infosys partners with China's Huawei for cloud-based services
Scotland has chosen to stay in the United Kingdom, spurning independence in a historic referendum that had worried allies and investors, results showed on Friday with more than two thirds of the vote declared. Full Article
Obama to nominate Indian-American Richard Verma as India ambassador - congressional source. Full Article