ACC, Ambuja up; tech fees to parent lower than expected
Reuters Market Eye - Shares of ACC Ltd (ACC.NS) and Ambuja Cements Ltd (ABUJ.NS) gain after shareholders at each of the cement makers separately approved paying technology fees to controlling stakeholder Holcim Ltd (HOLN.VX) of 1 percent of net annual sales.
The approvals remove an uncertainty that had been weighing on the Indian companies, as some investors had feared a protracted process over a decision that had been unpopular with shareholders.
ACC gains 2.4 percent while Ambuja Cements is up 0.5 percent.
Holcim holds a 50.3 percent stake in ACC and 50.6 percent in Ambuja Cements.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- TIMELINE-The search for missing Malaysian jet
- UPDATE 3-Republican Party wins Florida congressional seat in special election
- Wild theories fill void left by missing Malaysian plane
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west
- Malaysia air force denies tracking missing jet to Strait of Malacca
Budget airline SpiceJet has signed a deal with Boeing Co to buy 42 737 MAX jets in a deal worth $4.4 billion at list prices, the company said on Wednesday, sending its shares up more than 7 percent. Full Article | Quote