ACC, Ambuja up; tech fees to parent lower than expected
Reuters Market Eye - Shares of ACC Ltd (ACC.NS) and Ambuja Cements Ltd (ABUJ.NS) gain after shareholders at each of the cement makers separately approved paying technology fees to controlling stakeholder Holcim Ltd (HOLN.VX) of 1 percent of net annual sales.
The approvals remove an uncertainty that had been weighing on the Indian companies, as some investors had feared a protracted process over a decision that had been unpopular with shareholders.
ACC gains 2.4 percent while Ambuja Cements is up 0.5 percent.
Holcim holds a 50.3 percent stake in ACC and 50.6 percent in Ambuja Cements.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- UPDATE 4-Liberian man in Lagos being tested for Ebola
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- Asian economies to struggle on weak export demand - Reuters poll
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
India will find it difficult to support new global customs rules without "an assurance and visible outcomes" that a permanent solution is being negotiated over its concerns about public food stockholdings, the trade minister said on Friday. Full Article