Kingfisher gains on United Breweries loan hopes
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Kingfisher Airlines (KING.NS) gain by its daily limit of 5 percent after controlling stakeholder United Breweries Holdings Ltd (UBHL.NS) raised the amount it can lend to the ailing carrier.
United Breweries said it had raised the limit of loans for Kingfisher to 7.5 billion rupees from 3 billion rupees, according to an exchange filing on Monday.
The statement came after lenders to Kingfisher said on February 12 that they would take initial steps towards recovering $1.4 billion of loans in default after the company failed to come up with a viable funding plan.
UB Group, the parent of both Kingfisher Airlines and United Breweries, has told lenders it would consider using proceeds from a stake sale in a separate group company to Diageo Plc(DGE.L).
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-AT&T threatens to sit out U.S. spectrum auction over rules
- Hundreds of earthquakes strike central Idaho, rattling nerves
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- BlackBerry's meltdown sparks start-up boom in Canada's Silicon Valley
- US STOCKS-Wall St gains on Yellen comments and Yahoo; BofA falls
The United States on Wednesday urged the Indian government that emerges from ongoing elections to follow economic policies that encourage investment, saying Washington would like to see bilateral trade grow to $500 billion a year. Full Article