Kingfisher gains on United Breweries loan hopes
Reuters Market Eye - Shares in Kingfisher Airlines (KING.NS) gain by its daily limit of 5 percent after controlling stakeholder United Breweries Holdings Ltd (UBHL.NS) raised the amount it can lend to the ailing carrier.
United Breweries said it had raised the limit of loans for Kingfisher to 7.5 billion rupees from 3 billion rupees, according to an exchange filing on Monday.
The statement came after lenders to Kingfisher said on February 12 that they would take initial steps towards recovering $1.4 billion of loans in default after the company failed to come up with a viable funding plan.
UB Group, the parent of both Kingfisher Airlines and United Breweries, has told lenders it would consider using proceeds from a stake sale in a separate group company to Diageo Plc(DGE.L).
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- PM Modi boots officials out of the first class cabin
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
The BSE Sensex and Nifty on Friday rose to their second consecutive record highs. The 30-share Sensex surged as much as 1.52 percent to an all-time high of 27,762.13. The broader Nifty gained as much as 1.49 percent to a record of 8,291.65. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article