Pistorius says was 'deeply in love' with girlfriend
PRETORIA (Reuters) - South African sports star Oscar Pistorius was "deeply in love" with his girlfriend, Reeva Steenkamp, and had no intention to kill her, he said in an affidavit presented at a court bail hearing on Tuesday.
Pistorius has been charged with murdering Steenkamp last week at his home.
(Reporting by David Dolan; Writing by Jon Herskovitz; Editing by Ed Cropley)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 9-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- Pistorius jailed for 5 years for killing girlfriend Steenkamp
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk
A South African judge on Tuesday sentenced Olympic and Paralympic track star Oscar Pistorius to five years in prison for the negligent killing of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp on Valentine's Day last year.At the culmination of one of the most watched murder trials in recent history, the 27-year-old disabled sprinter was led away by police officers to holding cells beneath the courtroom in Pretoria. Full Article