Investor Telco writes down Telecom Italia stake: sources
MILAN (Reuters) - Telco, the holding company that controls Telecom Italia (TLIT.MI), has written down its controlling stake in the Italian telecoms incumbent by 20 percent, two sources close to the situation said on Tuesday.
The sources said the Telco board had decided to mark down the price of Telecom shares on its balance sheet from 1.5 euros to 1.2 euros.
Telco, which owns 22.45 percent of the telecoms company, is 46.2 percent owned by Spain's Telefonica (TEF.MC), while Italian banks Mediobanca (MDBI.MI) and Intesa Sanpaolo (ISP.MI) hold 11.6 percent each and insurer Assicurazioni Generali (GASI.MI) has 30.6 percent.
Telecom Italia shares were trading down 0.5 percent at 0.62 euros at 1425 GMT.
(Reporting By Stefano rebaudo and Stephen Jewkes)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-MasterCard, Visa form group to push for better card security
- UPDATE 4-Ted Turner rushed to clinic in Argentina with appendicitis-media
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- MasterCard, Visa form group to push for better card security
- CEO in apparent suicide was bitcoin fan, had other issues, too