SAIL shares gain on share buyback report
Reuters Market Eye - Steel Authority of India(SAIL.NS) shares gained over 5 percent after CNBC-TV18 newschannel quoting finance ministry sources said the SAIL board will consider a buy-back of equity shares on February 25, several dealers said.
The news channel also said the buyback was likely around 85-90 rupees a share.
A SAIL spokeswoman declined to comment immediately.
SAIL shares up 1.7 percent at 79.80 rupees at 1.35 pm.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bighorn sheep escapes Los Angeles Zoo, dies after car strikes it
- U.S. plans to arm Iraq's Sunni tribesmen with AK-47s, RPGs, mortars
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Apple $450 mln e-book settlement gets final court approval
- Team mates will determine success of my captaincy - Kohli
India approved on Saturday the purchase of 814 mounted gun systems for the army at a cost of 157.5 billion rupees ($2.55 billion), a defence ministry spokesman said. Full Article