SAIL shares gain on share buyback report
Reuters Market Eye - Steel Authority of India(SAIL.NS) shares gained over 5 percent after CNBC-TV18 newschannel quoting finance ministry sources said the SAIL board will consider a buy-back of equity shares on February 25, several dealers said.
The news channel also said the buyback was likely around 85-90 rupees a share.
A SAIL spokeswoman declined to comment immediately.
SAIL shares up 1.7 percent at 79.80 rupees at 1.35 pm.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Kerry presses India on global trade deal as deadline looms
- Gaza toll soars as Israel "days" from completing tunnel hunt
- HCL Tech Q4 dollar revenue disappoints investors, shares fall
- China should set lower 2015 GDP growth target of 6.5-7 pct - IMF
- Some WTO members discussing customs deal without India - sources
Maruti Suzuki India, India's biggest carmaker, reported a 21 percent rise in first-quarter net profit, beating estimates, as early signs of an economic revival boosted sales. Full Article