SAIL shares gain on share buyback report
Reuters Market Eye - Steel Authority of India(SAIL.NS) shares gained over 5 percent after CNBC-TV18 newschannel quoting finance ministry sources said the SAIL board will consider a buy-back of equity shares on February 25, several dealers said.
The news channel also said the buyback was likely around 85-90 rupees a share.
A SAIL spokeswoman declined to comment immediately.
SAIL shares up 1.7 percent at 79.80 rupees at 1.35 pm.
(Reporting by Manoj Dharra)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in state elections
- India finally fall in line to get Olympic ban overturned
- UPDATE 2-Iran president Rouhani targets stagflation in first budget
- Anti-corruption crusader Kejriwal stuns Indian politics with election surge
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
The Congress party was headed for a bruising defeat in key state elections, including in the capital, early results showed on Sunday, underlining the struggle it will face to cling to power in a national election due by May. Full Article