CAIRO Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi will call parliamentary elections starting in April, a presidential source told Reuters on Thursday, adding that the vote would be held in three or four stages.
"The president will issue a decree soon, it could be tonight, calling for elections to start in April," the source told Reuters.
(Reporting by Yasmine Saleh; Writing by Tom Perry; Editing by David Stamp)
Trending On Reuters
Islamic State insurgents attacked several military checkpoints in Egypt's North Sinai on Wednesday in a co-ordinated assault that killed more than 100 people - one of the biggest militant strikes in Egypt's modern history. Full Article
- IAEA chief heads to Iran as nuclear talks reach last stretch
- U.S., Cuba restoring diplomatic ties after 54 years
- Tunisia identifies all 38 hotel attack victims, 30 of them British
- Thousands march for Hong Kong democracy, but crowds down on last year
- Democrat Clinton raises $45 million since April U.S. campaign launch
India to provide roadmap for ending corporate tax exemptions in 45 days - official Full Article