Egypt's Mursi to call elections for April - source
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi will call parliamentary elections starting in April, a presidential source told Reuters on Thursday, adding that the vote would be held in three or four stages.
"The president will issue a decree soon, it could be tonight, calling for elections to start in April," the source told Reuters.
(Reporting by Yasmine Saleh; Writing by Tom Perry; Editing by David Stamp)
Trending On Reuters
A young German co-pilot locked himself alone in the cockpit of a Germanwings airliner and flew it into a mountain with what appears to have been the intent to destroy it, a French prosecutor said on Thursday. Full Article | Related Story
- China launches "Sky Net" to better coordinate graft fight
- New York buildings collapse in possible gas blast, 19 hurt
- Yemeni leader Hadi leaves country as Saudi Arabia keeps up air strikes on Houthi rebels
- Japan makes a start on sharing lessons from nuclear crisis
- South Korea demands release of two men accused by North Korea of espionage