CAIRO Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi will call parliamentary elections starting in April, a presidential source told Reuters on Thursday, adding that the vote would be held in three or four stages.
"The president will issue a decree soon, it could be tonight, calling for elections to start in April," the source told Reuters.
(Reporting by Yasmine Saleh; Writing by Tom Perry; Editing by David Stamp)
Trending On Reuters
President Tayyip Erdogan said on Wednesday Turkey did not want any escalation after it shot down a Russian fighter jet, saying it had acted simply to defend its own security and the "rights of our brothers" in Syria. Full Article
- Russia to bolster Syria base, eyes economic retaliation against Turkey
- Brussels schools, metro reopen under tight security
- 2015 set to be hottest on record, 2016 even hotter due to El NiÃ±o - U.N.
- Tunisia says suicide bomber behind bus attack that killed 13
- Chicago charges officer in black teen's death, releases video of shooting