CAIRO Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi will call parliamentary elections starting in April, a presidential source told Reuters on Thursday, adding that the vote would be held in three or four stages.
"The president will issue a decree soon, it could be tonight, calling for elections to start in April," the source told Reuters.
(Reporting by Yasmine Saleh; Writing by Tom Perry; Editing by David Stamp)
Trending On Reuters
U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter, in Washington's latest challenge of Chinese land reclamation in the South China Sea, said the scale of Beijing's activities, not the United States, was altering the status quo in the region. Full Article
- After suspension, Sri Lanka may let China resume work on Port City project
- Iran's Zarif hopes for nuclear deal within "reasonable period of time"
- U.S. training of Syria rebel fighters expands to Turkey - source
- Fugitive ex-Chinese official, investigated for graft, detained in U.S.
- UK takes hard line on EU reform as Cameron starts European tour
After suspension, Sri Lanka may let China resume work on Port City project Full Article
India tipped to overtake China in Modi's first year despite sluggish feel Full Article