Egypt's Mursi to call elections for April - source
CAIRO (Reuters) - Egyptian President Mohamed Mursi will call parliamentary elections starting in April, a presidential source told Reuters on Thursday, adding that the vote would be held in three or four stages.
"The president will issue a decree soon, it could be tonight, calling for elections to start in April," the source told Reuters.
(Reporting by Yasmine Saleh; Writing by Tom Perry; Editing by David Stamp)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Seven arrested internationally in $1.6 million StubHub fraud
- Seven arrests made in $1.6 million StubHub cyberfraud case |
- UPDATE 2-Concordia finally heads for scrapyard after massive salvage operation
- TransAsia Airways stocks plunge after plane crashes in landing
- UPDATE 3-Ex-Jefferies trader gets 2 years in prison in fraud case
A domestic TransAsia Airways plane crashed on landing on an island off the west coast of tyhoon-hit Taiwan on Wednesday, killing 47 people, the Civil Aeronautics Administration said. Full Article