The Congress party is debating holding a general election in November, six months ahead of schedule, senior party leaders said, reflecting an internal discussion over whether to pull the plug on the shaky ruling coalition or have it serve a full term. Full Article
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida
- Weakened Congress wondering if early elections will help
- Indian cinema on a mission at Cannes to dispel Bollywood image
- Pakistan: senior PTI leader Zara Shahid Hussain killed
- S.Africa minister accuses Indian High Commission official in Gupta scandal
Afghanistan's Karzai seeks Indian military aid amid tensions with Pakistan. Full Article
Finmeccanica to assuage India concerns over graft allegations: Indian official
MILAN (Reuters) - Italian defence company Finmeccanica will move quickly to assuage Indian concerns over bribery allegations surrounding a 560 million euro helicopter deal, an Indian official with direct knowledge of the matter said on Thursday.
Senior management at the state-owned group met an Indian delegation on Thursday over allegations of corruption connected with their government's purchase of a dozen helicopters.
"A very positive meeting for our side. The company has assured us it will provide all the papers to satisfy our concerns about the allegations... in the shortest possible time," the official told Reuters.
The official said the delegation would attend other meetings with Italian officials on Thursday and Friday.
(Reporting By Danilo Masoni, editing by Lisa Jucca and Stephen Jewkes)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this