Full Text: PM Singh calls Hyderabad blasts "dastardly attack"
The following is the full statement from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh following twin bomb blasts in Hyderabad that killed at least 11 people:
The Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, has strongly condemned the bomb blasts in Hyderabad. While expressing shock and grief over the loss of lives in the blasts, the Prime Minister has appealed to the public to remain calm and maintain peace. He has also directed the central agencies to extend all possible help to the Andhra Pradesh state authorities in relief operations.
"This is a dastardly attack, the guilty will not go unpunished", the Prime Minister added.
The Prime Minister has also sanctioned ex-gratia from the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund to the tune of Rs.2 lakh each to the next of kin of the deceased persons and Rs.50,000/- each to the persons seriously injured in bomb blasts.
(Statement text taken from Indian PM's website bit.ly/ZjVV8m)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
- India's fiscal deficit in H1 almost 83 pct of full-year target
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Sensex surges 500 points on BOJ easing, L&T gains
- PRECIOUS-Gold, silver tumble to four-year lows as dollar rallies
Somali pirates have freed seven Indian sailors detained for close to four years in exchange for an undisclosed ransom, Somali officials and a maritime monitoring group said on Friday. Full Article