Full Text: PM Singh calls Hyderabad blasts "dastardly attack"
The following is the full statement from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh following twin bomb blasts in Hyderabad that killed at least 11 people:
The Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, has strongly condemned the bomb blasts in Hyderabad. While expressing shock and grief over the loss of lives in the blasts, the Prime Minister has appealed to the public to remain calm and maintain peace. He has also directed the central agencies to extend all possible help to the Andhra Pradesh state authorities in relief operations.
"This is a dastardly attack, the guilty will not go unpunished", the Prime Minister added.
The Prime Minister has also sanctioned ex-gratia from the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund to the tune of Rs.2 lakh each to the next of kin of the deceased persons and Rs.50,000/- each to the persons seriously injured in bomb blasts.
(Statement text taken from Indian PM's website bit.ly/ZjVV8m)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Short Gaza truce takes hold; many bodies pulled from rubble
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |
- Verizon to slow down speeds for some unlimited data subscribers
- India threatens to derail WTO deal, prompts angry U.S. rebuke
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
Palestinians in the Gaza Strip poured into the streets on Saturday to recover their dead and stock up on food supplies after a 12-hour humanitarian truce agreed by Israel and Hamas took hold. Full Article