Full Text: PM Singh calls Hyderabad blasts "dastardly attack"
The following is the full statement from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh following twin bomb blasts in Hyderabad that killed at least 11 people:
The Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, has strongly condemned the bomb blasts in Hyderabad. While expressing shock and grief over the loss of lives in the blasts, the Prime Minister has appealed to the public to remain calm and maintain peace. He has also directed the central agencies to extend all possible help to the Andhra Pradesh state authorities in relief operations.
"This is a dastardly attack, the guilty will not go unpunished", the Prime Minister added.
The Prime Minister has also sanctioned ex-gratia from the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund to the tune of Rs.2 lakh each to the next of kin of the deceased persons and Rs.50,000/- each to the persons seriously injured in bomb blasts.
(Statement text taken from Indian PM's website bit.ly/ZjVV8m)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Bill Cosby says he does not have to 'answer to innuendos': report
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Volunteer snow shovelers hit Buffalo streets as flooding fears rise |
- Video streaming service Aereo files for bankruptcy
U.S. President Barack Obama will attend India's Republic Day celebrations in January as chief guest, a sign of steadily expanding ties between two countries that share concerns about China's growing power in Asia. Full Article