Full Text: PM Singh calls Hyderabad blasts "dastardly attack"
The following is the full statement from Prime Minister Manmohan Singh following twin bomb blasts in Hyderabad that killed at least 11 people:
The Prime Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh, has strongly condemned the bomb blasts in Hyderabad. While expressing shock and grief over the loss of lives in the blasts, the Prime Minister has appealed to the public to remain calm and maintain peace. He has also directed the central agencies to extend all possible help to the Andhra Pradesh state authorities in relief operations.
"This is a dastardly attack, the guilty will not go unpunished", the Prime Minister added.
The Prime Minister has also sanctioned ex-gratia from the Prime Minister's National Relief Fund to the tune of Rs.2 lakh each to the next of kin of the deceased persons and Rs.50,000/- each to the persons seriously injured in bomb blasts.
(Statement text taken from Indian PM's website bit.ly/ZjVV8m)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan
- UPDATE 2-U.S. Senate shortens transport extension, sets up clash with House
- UPDATE 4-Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- UPDATE 6-U.S. judge says cannot seize Kurdish crude for now
- Family of Texas doctor with Ebola not showing signs of virus
With grain silos spilling over, exports on the rise and an avowed market champion for prime minister, India's threat to trash a global trade deal in the name of food security appears puzzling. Read | Factbox: India's food stockpiling
Eid al-Fitr was celebrated across India on Tuesday. Here are some of the snapshots. Slideshow