TPG raises $305 million from Shriram Transport share sale: source
MUMBAI (Reuters) - U.S. private equity firm TPG Capital has raised $305 million by selling about half of its stake in commercial vehicle financier Shriram Transport Finance Co Ltd(SRTR.NS), a source with direct knowledge of the matter said on Thursday.
TPG, which owned about 20 percent of Shriram Transport before the sale, sold the shares at 715 rupees each to a large number of overseas and domestic institutional investors, the source said.
The private equity firm had launched the share sale late on Wednesday in the price range of 715 rupees to 755.95 rupees per share, according to a term sheet seen by Reuters.
Shares in Shriram Transport were trading down 7.1 percent at 702.1 rupees at 1.16 p.m. while the Nifty was was down more than 1 percent.
(Reporting by Sumeet Chatterjee and Indulal P.M.; Editing by Jijo Jacob)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in state elections
- Anti-corruption crusader Kejriwal stuns Indian politics with election surge
- Anti-corruption crusader stuns Indian politics with election surge
- India finally fall in line to get Olympic ban overturned
- S Africa beat India again to lift mood of one-day series
The Congress party was headed for a bruising defeat in key state elections, including in the capital, early results showed on Sunday, underlining the struggle it will face to cling to power in a national election due by May. Full Article