Markets weekahead - Stocks on hold ahead of budget
Reuters Market Eye - The BSE Sensex will be closely monitoring the 2013/14 budget for the next fiscal year to be announced on February 28.
All eyes will be on how the finance minister will manage to meet the government's 4.8 percent fiscal deficit target for 2013/14, while still trying to revive growth amid persistent inflation, and with general elections expected next year.
Whether India can deliver a credible fiscally disciplined budget is too close to call, but economists polled by Reuters say its resolve to cut spending and giveaways in next week's budget will reignite investor confidence.
Traders say Nifty will be range-bound at above 5,800 until the budget.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- REFILE-Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet
- UPDATE 7-French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- Iraq elects president as Ban urges unity to save nation
India blocked an agreement on new global customs rules on Thursday, angering fellow members of the World Trade Organization who say Delhi's veto could be costly, economically and politically. Full Article