Markets weekahead - Stocks on hold ahead of budget
Reuters Market Eye - The BSE Sensex will be closely monitoring the 2013/14 budget for the next fiscal year to be announced on February 28.
All eyes will be on how the finance minister will manage to meet the government's 4.8 percent fiscal deficit target for 2013/14, while still trying to revive growth amid persistent inflation, and with general elections expected next year.
Whether India can deliver a credible fiscally disciplined budget is too close to call, but economists polled by Reuters say its resolve to cut spending and giveaways in next week's budget will reignite investor confidence.
Traders say Nifty will be range-bound at above 5,800 until the budget.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks-source
- Ebola outbreaks in Nigeria, Senegal, appear contained: CDC reports
- Exclusive - India set to run out of critical free drug for HIV/AIDS programme
- Sturridge won't be fit for England, says Rodgers
India could run out of a critical medicine in its free HIV/AIDS drugs programme in three weeks due to bureaucratic bungling, a senior government official said, leaving more than 150,000 sufferers without life-saving drugs for about a month. Full Article