Markets weekahead - Stocks on hold ahead of budget
Reuters Market Eye - The BSE Sensex will be closely monitoring the 2013/14 budget for the next fiscal year to be announced on February 28.
All eyes will be on how the finance minister will manage to meet the government's 4.8 percent fiscal deficit target for 2013/14, while still trying to revive growth amid persistent inflation, and with general elections expected next year.
Whether India can deliver a credible fiscally disciplined budget is too close to call, but economists polled by Reuters say its resolve to cut spending and giveaways in next week's budget will reignite investor confidence.
Traders say Nifty will be range-bound at above 5,800 until the budget.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- EXCLUSIVE - Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Afghanistan's powerful Vice President Fahim dies
- India set to challenge U.S. for election-spending record
- Interpol says use of stolen passports on flights "of great concern"
A missing Malaysia Airlines jetliner may have turned back from its scheduled route before vanishing from radar screens, military officers said on Sunday, deepening the mystery surrounding the fate of the plane and the 239 people aboard. Full Article