Markets weekahead - Stocks on hold ahead of budget
Reuters Market Eye - The BSE Sensex will be closely monitoring the 2013/14 budget for the next fiscal year to be announced on February 28.
All eyes will be on how the finance minister will manage to meet the government's 4.8 percent fiscal deficit target for 2013/14, while still trying to revive growth amid persistent inflation, and with general elections expected next year.
Whether India can deliver a credible fiscally disciplined budget is too close to call, but economists polled by Reuters say its resolve to cut spending and giveaways in next week's budget will reignite investor confidence.
Traders say Nifty will be range-bound at above 5,800 until the budget.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist
- UPDATE 1-Pakistan crisis puts army back in the driving seat
- Landslides hit Japan's Hiroshima, killing at least 27 |
- Pakistan crisis puts army back in the driving seat
The Nifty was trading in the red on Wednesday on profit taking after the broader index earlier hit its third straight record high at 7,922.70. Full Article
Exclusive - Icahn says Family Dollar wasting over $300 mln in breakup fees . Full Article