Markets weekahead - Stocks on hold ahead of budget
Reuters Market Eye - The BSE Sensex will be closely monitoring the 2013/14 budget for the next fiscal year to be announced on February 28.
All eyes will be on how the finance minister will manage to meet the government's 4.8 percent fiscal deficit target for 2013/14, while still trying to revive growth amid persistent inflation, and with general elections expected next year.
Whether India can deliver a credible fiscally disciplined budget is too close to call, but economists polled by Reuters say its resolve to cut spending and giveaways in next week's budget will reignite investor confidence.
Traders say Nifty will be range-bound at above 5,800 until the budget.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- REFILE-Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- Nokia offers $369 mln deposit to unfreeze Indian assets
- UPDATE 3-Sysco to buy US Foods from private equity, shares leap
- UPDATE 3-Yanukovich backs Ukraine compromise talks, police dismantle protest barricades
The BJP vowed on Monday to seize the momentum from a string of big state poll victories and smooth the tough job of broadening its appeal beyond traditional northern strongholds in time for a national election next year. Full Article