Rupee rises in trade
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee gains, largely driven by dollar selling on bunched up inflows after thin volumes seen during a two-day strike that ended on Thursday, say dealers.
The pair is at 54.35/36, 54.5350 intraday high, versus Thursday's close of 54.47/48.
Flows seen from custodial as well as state-run banks.
Some dealers cite inflows related to TPG Capital's $305 million stake sale in commercial vehicle financier Shriram Transport Finance Co Ltd (SRTR.NS).
Dollar continued at near a 5-1/2-month high against a basket of currencies on Friday, with the euro tumbling to a six-week low.
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Timeline: Case of Devyani Khobragade, Indian diplomat arrested in New York
- Tom Cruise settles defamation lawsuit with publisher
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon
- India applies to U.N. to try to solve diplomat crisis
- Domino's outlet attacked in India as U.S. diplomatic dispute simmers
India asked the United Nations on Friday to accredit New York-based diplomat Devyani Khobragade, who was arrested for visa fraud, in an apparent attempt to defuse a crisis with the United States over her treatment by U.S. authorities who strip searched her. Article | Slideshow