Rupee rises in trade
Reuters Market Eye - The rupee gains, largely driven by dollar selling on bunched up inflows after thin volumes seen during a two-day strike that ended on Thursday, say dealers.
The pair is at 54.35/36, 54.5350 intraday high, versus Thursday's close of 54.47/48.
Flows seen from custodial as well as state-run banks.
Some dealers cite inflows related to TPG Capital's $305 million stake sale in commercial vehicle financier Shriram Transport Finance Co Ltd (SRTR.NS).
Dollar continued at near a 5-1/2-month high against a basket of currencies on Friday, with the euro tumbling to a six-week low.
(Reporting by Subhadip Sircar)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- EXCLUSIVE - Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- UPDATE 1-Putin foe Khodorkovsky says Russia is lying about Ukraine
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- UPDATE 2-Interpol probes more suspect passports from missing flight
- UPDATE 3-Putin defends Crimea's decision to hold referendum
Officials investigating the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner with 239 people on board suspect it may have disintegrated in mid-flight, a senior source said on Sunday, as Vietnam reported a possible sighting of wreckage from the plane. Article | Exclusive