BNP Paribas downgrades ONGC to 'hold'
MUMBAI (Reuters) - BNP Paribas downgraded Oil and Natural Gas Corp Ltd(ONGC.NS) to "hold" from "buy", saying the recent rally in share prices already factored in the prospect of an increase in diesel prices.
India last month allowed state fuel retailers to gradually raise the price of diesel.
BNP Paribas said it preferred Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL.NS) as a play on potential diesel price hikes.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Mars mission enters last lap; crucial test on Sept. 24
- Former New Zealand captain Martin Crowe suffers cancer relapse
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- IPhone emerges from "bygone era", reviewers hail bigger handset
- Border standoff dominates Xi Jinping's visit to India
A standoff between Indian and Chinese soldiers overshadowed a visit to New Delhi by China's President Xi Jinping on Thursday, with a $20 billion investment pledge eclipsed by robust comments from Prime Minister Narendra Modi about the dispute. Full Article | Slideshow