BNP Paribas downgrades ONGC to 'hold'
MUMBAI (Reuters) - BNP Paribas downgraded Oil and Natural Gas Corp Ltd(ONGC.NS) to "hold" from "buy", saying the recent rally in share prices already factored in the prospect of an increase in diesel prices.
India last month allowed state fuel retailers to gradually raise the price of diesel.
BNP Paribas said it preferred Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL.NS) as a play on potential diesel price hikes.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Jindal Steel shelves $10 bln project after coal setback
- West not expected to demand Iran atom bomb "mea culpa" in deal
- U.S. seeks to step up India trade talks after WTO breakthrough
- Bomber targeted police commander in Afghan volleyball game attack
- India targets private cash to build railways to its ports
The main opposition Congress party signalled on Monday it could support government legislation to liberalise the insurance industry, a long-delayed reform expected to help improve investor confidence. Full Article
Hyundai Motor, Kia Motors lift 2014 global sales target on China, emerging markets Full Article