BNP Paribas downgrades ONGC to 'hold'
MUMBAI (Reuters) - BNP Paribas downgraded Oil and Natural Gas Corp Ltd(ONGC.NS) to "hold" from "buy", saying the recent rally in share prices already factored in the prospect of an increase in diesel prices.
India last month allowed state fuel retailers to gradually raise the price of diesel.
BNP Paribas said it preferred Bharat Petroleum Corp Ltd (BPCL.NS) as a play on potential diesel price hikes.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Prateek Chatterjee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Sensex surges past 27,000 to third consecutive life high
- Putin comment on "taking Kiev in 2 weeks" taken out of context - aide
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article