S.Africa court sets Pistorius bail at $113,000
PRETORIA (Reuters) - A South African court set bail for athlete Oscar Pistorius at 1 million rand on Friday and postponed his murder trial until June 4.
Pistorius, who is accused of murdering his girlfriend at his home in Pretoria on Valentine's Day, was also ordered by Magistrate Desmond Nair to surrender his passports and avoid his home and all witnesses in the case.
(Reporting by Peroshni Govender; Writing by David Dolan; Editing by Ed Cropley)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Citi to hire 100 bankers in Asia, eyes more business from smaller clients
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site
- Cricket - Moeen probed after sporting 'Save Gaza' wristbands
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border
- Israel extends Gaza ceasefire for 24 hours, Hamas rejects terms
Ian Bell returned to form in spectacular fashion with a superb 167 and debutant Jos Buttler also shone to help England strengthen their dominant position over India on the second day of the third test on Monday. Full Article