S.Africa court sets Pistorius bail at $113,000
PRETORIA (Reuters) - A South African court set bail for athlete Oscar Pistorius at 1 million rand on Friday and postponed his murder trial until June 4.
Pistorius, who is accused of murdering his girlfriend at his home in Pretoria on Valentine's Day, was also ordered by Magistrate Desmond Nair to surrender his passports and avoid his home and all witnesses in the case.
(Reporting by Peroshni Govender; Writing by David Dolan; Editing by Ed Cropley)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Ted Turner rushed to clinic in Argentina with appendicitis-media
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- UPDATE 2-White House plays down speedy role for U.S. natural gas in Ukraine
- UPDATE 3-MasterCard, Visa form group to push for better card security
Recent episodes of vomiting suffered by Barcelona forward Lionel Messi are "not normal" but they do not affect his performance and there is no cause for alarm, coach Gerardo Martino said on Friday. Full Article
"Everything is fine", Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend. Full Article