S.Africa court sets Pistorius bail at $113,000
PRETORIA (Reuters) - A South African court set bail for athlete Oscar Pistorius at 1 million rand on Friday and postponed his murder trial until June 4.
Pistorius, who is accused of murdering his girlfriend at his home in Pretoria on Valentine's Day, was also ordered by Magistrate Desmond Nair to surrender his passports and avoid his home and all witnesses in the case.
(Reporting by Peroshni Govender; Writing by David Dolan; Editing by Ed Cropley)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Insight - In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- UPDATE 3-In landmark for EU, Ireland leaves its bailout behind
- UPDATE 2-Canada household debt-to-income ratio hits record high
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- AbbVie drug shows promise against difficult type of breast cancer
India will go into next week's first test against South Africa with no preparation time in the middle after their only warm-up fixture against an Invitational XI was abandoned without a ball being bowled. Full Article