Toyota to recall 6,934 cars in South Korea for wiper glitches
SEOUL (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Korea, Toyota Motor Corp's (7203.T) South Korean sales affiliate, will recall nearly 7,000 Lexus IS cars due to wiper problems, South Korea's land and transport ministry announced on Sunday.
The ministry said in a statement that Toyota will recall 6,704 Lexus IS250s, 176 IS-Cs and 54 IS-Fs, which were produced between May 2005 and October 2011.
It said the wiper arm nuts in the vehicles may not be tight enough, causing malfunction.
(Reporting by Sung-won Shim; Editing by Nick Macfie)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- British Muslims urge cooperation in Foley murder hunt
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Indian firms tool up for defence orders on Modi's 'buy India' pledge
- US STOCKS-Wall St to open up after jobless claims data; Jackson Hole ahead
- Insight - As Ukraine forces gain in east, focus of German diplomacy shifts
Government officials painted an upbeat picture for the economy on Thursday as it struggles to emerge from the longest spell of sub-par growth in decades and promised to tighten up risk management at the country's dominant state banks. Full Article