Toyota to recall 6,934 cars in South Korea for wiper glitches
SEOUL (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Korea, Toyota Motor Corp's (7203.T) South Korean sales affiliate, will recall nearly 7,000 Lexus IS cars due to wiper problems, South Korea's land and transport ministry announced on Sunday.
The ministry said in a statement that Toyota will recall 6,704 Lexus IS250s, 176 IS-Cs and 54 IS-Fs, which were produced between May 2005 and October 2011.
It said the wiper arm nuts in the vehicles may not be tight enough, causing malfunction.
(Reporting by Sung-won Shim; Editing by Nick Macfie)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- UPDATE 3-U.S. FDA probes cognitive impact of new cholesterol drugs
- Malaysian plane with 239 aboard crashes - report
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239 people
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane - Vietnam official
PLANE LOSES CONTACT
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing went missing over the South China Sea on Saturday, prompting China to send ships to scour the water for possible wreckage. Full Article | Video