First BlackBerry 10 device in India costs 43,490 rupees
MUMBAI (Reuters) - BlackBerry (BB.TO) (BBRY.O) launched its first smartphone from its BlackBerry 10 line in India on Monday, pricing the phone at 43,490 rupees.
The touch-screen BlackBerry Z10 phone, which goes on sale in India from Tuesday, will compete with Apple Inc's (AAPL.O) iPhones and Samsung Electronics Co Ltd's (005930.KS) high-end Galaxy series phones.
The Z10 has already gone on sale in the United Kingdom and Canada, and is expected to hit the United States in mid-March.
India smartphone market graphic link.reuters.com/hab36t
Smartphone prices in India graphic link.reuters.com/deb36t
To read story -- Apple signals emerging-market rethink with India push, click here
(Reporting by Aradhana Aravindan; Editing by Devidutta Tripathy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man sues, claiming penis amputated instead of circumcised
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- REFILE-Minnesota man asked to leave Southwest flight after critical tweet
- Iraq elects president as Ban urges unity to save nation
- Bodies rained down on Ukraine village after plane disaster
Amazon.com Inc's new "Fire" smartphone features "gimmicks" - such as 3D effects and object scanner - that may not be enough to entice users away from similarly priced Apple Inc iPhones and Samsung's Galaxy S5, reviewers said. Full Article