First BlackBerry 10 device in India costs 43,490 rupees
MUMBAI (Reuters) - BlackBerry (BB.TO) (BBRY.O) launched its first smartphone from its BlackBerry 10 line in India on Monday, pricing the phone at 43,490 rupees.
The touch-screen BlackBerry Z10 phone, which goes on sale in India from Tuesday, will compete with Apple Inc's (AAPL.O) iPhones and Samsung Electronics Co Ltd's (005930.KS) high-end Galaxy series phones.
The Z10 has already gone on sale in the United Kingdom and Canada, and is expected to hit the United States in mid-March.
India smartphone market graphic link.reuters.com/hab36t
Smartphone prices in India graphic link.reuters.com/deb36t
To read story -- Apple signals emerging-market rethink with India push, click here
(Reporting by Aradhana Aravindan; Editing by Devidutta Tripathy)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Special Report: Why Madrid's poor fear Goldman Sachs and Blackstone
- Gold sales jump about 20 pct for Diwali - trade body
- Three major nations absent as China launches W.Bank rival in Asia
- UPDATE 4-Doctor with Ebola in New York hospital after return from Guinea
- ISL probes allegation of assault on Pires
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article