ROME Centre-left leader Pier Luigi Bersani said he would act in Italy's best interests as a parliamentary election left the country in a "very delicate situation," according to a Monday statement.
Bersani said that the centre left won control of the lower house, as projections have indicate, though the final vote is not yet in. No party or coalition appears likely to win a majority in the Senate.
In Italy, both houses are needed to pass legislation, and a failure to come up with a majority in both houses could force another vote.
(Reporting by Steve Scherer)
Trending On Reuters
Airplane debris that washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Reunion and may belong to the vanished Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 arrived in France on Saturday for investigators to study its origin. Full Article
- Hillary, Bill Clinton report total income of $140 million since 2007
- Bin Laden relatives reportedly killed in private jet crash in Britain
- On Army Day, China warns of growing border security risks
- Malaysia's PM Najib says Qatar, China interested in 1MDB assets
- Minister intervenes to give Chinese artist Ai Weiwei full UK visa