Indian non-banking financial shares gain on central bank guidelines
MUMBAI Feb 25 (Reuters) - India's non-banking financial shares were poised to gain on Monday after the central bank issued guidelines allowing any business sector to apply for banking licenses.
IDFC Ltd, a lender and consultant for infrastructure projects, rose 2 percent in pre-open trading. Domestic markets will open at 0345 GMT. (Reporting by Rafael Nam; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Three major nations absent as China launches World Bank rival in Asia
- Microsoft sales beat Street hopes, cloud profits up
- China's Xiaomi shifts some smartphone user data out of Beijing on privacy concerns
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Gold edges higher but set for weekly loss on dollar and U.S. data
The latest Reuters poll of 20 economists taken over the past week shows Asia's third-largest economy will likely grow 5.5 percent this fiscal year and 6.4 percent the next, slightly better than 5.3 percent and 6.3 percent expected in the July poll. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article