RPT-Indian non-banking financial shares gain on central bank guidelines
(Repeats to attach to additional alert on M&M Financial)
MUMBAI Feb 25 (Reuters) - India's non-banking financial shares were poised to gain on Monday after the central bank issued guidelines allowing any business sector to apply for banking licenses.
IDFC Ltd, a lender and consultant for infrastructure projects, rose 2 percent in pre-open trading. Domestic markets will open at 0345 GMT. (Reporting by Rafael Nam; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-U.S. FDA probes cognitive impact of new cholesterol drugs
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- UPDATE 2-White House plays down speedy role for U.S. natural gas in Ukraine
- MasterCard, Visa form group to push for better card security
Sahara’s investment programmes include schemes that are similar to a typical Indian bank’s fixed or recurring deposits. But the arrest of the company's chief Subrata Roy last week and the court case over an outlawed bond scheme are raising fears among some investors who worry they will not get their money back. Full Article