NBFC shares gain on RBI guidelines
MUMBAI (Reuters) - India's non-banking financial shares gain on Monday after the RBI issued guidelines allowing any business sector to apply for banking licenses.
M&M Financial shares were up 6.4 percent at 10:09 a.m.
IDFC Ltd (IDFC.NS), a lender and consultant for infrastructure projects, was up 1.8 percent.
(Reporting by Rafael Nam; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-U.S. regulator questions Verizon plan to slow data speeds for some
- U.S. resupplies Israel with munitions as Gaza offensive rages
- Landslide near Pune kills 10, scores feared trapped
- Argentina credit story grows murkier as talks collapse
- Drew Barrymore's half-sister found dead in car near San Diego
Kerry in India
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, who arrived in India on Wednesday for an official visit, has pressed New Delhi to drop its opposition to global trade reforms, saying it was a test of the country's commitment to advance economic liberalisation. Full Article | Slideshow