NBFC shares gain on RBI guidelines
MUMBAI (Reuters) - India's non-banking financial shares gain on Monday after the RBI issued guidelines allowing any business sector to apply for banking licenses.
M&M Financial shares were up 6.4 percent at 10:09 a.m.
IDFC Ltd (IDFC.NS), a lender and consultant for infrastructure projects, was up 1.8 percent.
(Reporting by Rafael Nam; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Sensex surges past 27,000 to third consecutive life high
- Putin comment on "taking Kiev in 2 weeks" taken out of context - aide
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article