NBFC shares gain on RBI guidelines
MUMBAI (Reuters) - India's non-banking financial shares gain on Monday after the RBI issued guidelines allowing any business sector to apply for banking licenses.
M&M Financial shares were up 6.4 percent at 10:09 a.m.
IDFC Ltd (IDFC.NS), a lender and consultant for infrastructure projects, was up 1.8 percent.
(Reporting by Rafael Nam; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through 5 airports
- UPDATE 4-NY says Ocwen backdated foreclosure letters, company shares slide
- New Total boss must overhaul exploration strategy, pursue cost cuts
- Coca-Cola announces growth plan as profit falls 14 pct
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article