NBFC shares gain on RBI guidelines
MUMBAI (Reuters) - India's non-banking financial shares gain on Monday after the RBI issued guidelines allowing any business sector to apply for banking licenses.
M&M Financial shares were up 6.4 percent at 10:09 a.m.
IDFC Ltd (IDFC.NS), a lender and consultant for infrastructure projects, was up 1.8 percent.
(Reporting by Rafael Nam; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Jindal Steel shelves $10 bln project after coal setback
- West not expected to demand Iran atom bomb "mea culpa" in deal
- U.S. seeks to step up India trade talks after WTO breakthrough
- EU approves Novartis' Signifor drug for rare hormonal disorder
- India targets private cash to build railways to its ports
The main opposition Congress party signalled on Monday it could support government legislation to liberalise the insurance industry, a long-delayed reform expected to help improve investor confidence. Full Article
Hyundai Motor, Kia Motors lift 2014 global sales target on China, emerging markets Full Article