NBFC shares gain on RBI guidelines
MUMBAI (Reuters) - India's non-banking financial shares gain on Monday after the RBI issued guidelines allowing any business sector to apply for banking licenses.
M&M Financial shares were up 6.4 percent at 10:09 a.m.
IDFC Ltd (IDFC.NS), a lender and consultant for infrastructure projects, was up 1.8 percent.
(Reporting by Rafael Nam; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 8-Soccer-English premier league top scorers
- Cyber experts uncover 2 million stolen passwords to global Web accounts
- UPDATE 3-Actor Walker died from multiple injuries in crash, 'Fast 7' filming halted
- Bullion smuggling outstrips narcotics to feed gold habit
- Exit polls see gains for BJP in state elections
Markets & Politics
The BSE Sensex rose as much as 2.2 percent on Thursday to approach a record high after exit polls predicted a strong showing for the key opposition party in state elections held since November. Full Article