The Troubled Rupee
A top official said the government has options to stem a fall in the rupee but did not offer any specifics, turning the focus on the RBI to stem a rout that sent the rupee to record lows. Full Article
- "Hazardous" air, murky skies in Singapore from Indonesian fires
- Rupee at record low as India seen lacking options to brake fall
- Rupee slumps to record low; bonds, stocks slump
- UPDATE 1-U.S. states, greens delay lawsuit, await Obama climate plan
- Finance minister holds meeting with officials over rupee fall
Confused while buying stocks? Get buy, sell or hold recommendations from VantageTrade. Full Coverage
HSBC ups Ranbaxy to overweight on generic Lipitor announcement
MUMBAI (Reuters) - HSBC raised its rating on shares of Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd (RANB.NS) to 'overweight' from 'underweight' after the Indian drugmaker said it would resume production of a generic version of cholesterol fighter Lipitor for sale in the United States.
HSBC added other factors behind its upgrade were share valuations after a recent correction, as well as the near-term catalysts such as the launch of additional generic drugs and the probability of a recovery in U.S. sales.
Ranbaxy shares were up 3.3 percent as of 9:34 a.m.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this