Bolt to run 200 in Paris Diamond League meeting
PARIS (Reuters) - Six-times Olympic champion Usain Bolt will race over 200 metres at the Paris Golden League meeting on July 6 as part of his buildup for the Moscow world athletics championships in the following month.
The Jamaican world-record holder will compete against France's European 100 metres champion Christophe Lemaitre in the final race of the evening. Lemaitre finished third in the 2011 Daegu world championships 200 metres which was won by Bolt.
Bolt, 26, who became the only man to win the 100-200 metres double at successive Olympics during last year's London Games, will compete in a 150 metres race on Brazil's Copacabana beach on March 31.
His only other confirmed race this year is over 200 metres at Oslo's Bislett Games on June 13. (Reporting by John Mehaffey; Editing by Clare Fallon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed
- Hollywood blockbuster 'Noah' faces ban in Arab world
- IndiGo plane evacuated after rear wheel catches fire in Nepal
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- UPDATE 3-U.S. FDA probes cognitive impact of new cholesterol drugs
Recent episodes of vomiting suffered by Barcelona forward Lionel Messi are "not normal" but they do not affect his performance and there is no cause for alarm, coach Gerardo Martino said on Friday. Full Article
"Everything is fine", Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend. Full Article