Bolt to run 200 in Paris Diamond League meeting
PARIS (Reuters) - Six-times Olympic champion Usain Bolt will race over 200 metres at the Paris Golden League meeting on July 6 as part of his buildup for the Moscow world athletics championships in the following month.
The Jamaican world-record holder will compete against France's European 100 metres champion Christophe Lemaitre in the final race of the evening. Lemaitre finished third in the 2011 Daegu world championships 200 metres which was won by Bolt.
Bolt, 26, who became the only man to win the 100-200 metres double at successive Olympics during last year's London Games, will compete in a 150 metres race on Brazil's Copacabana beach on March 31.
His only other confirmed race this year is over 200 metres at Oslo's Bislett Games on June 13. (Reporting by John Mehaffey; Editing by Clare Fallon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- UPDATE 3-Residents in western New York call snow worst in memory
- Alumnus dead after opening fire at Florida State University, wounding 3 |
- Kotak bank buys ING Vysya in record $2.4 billion share deal
- Mike Nichols, award-winning American director, dies at 83
Sebastian Vettel looked forward to following in Michael Schumacher's Formula One footsteps after Ferrari confirmed on Thursday that the four times world champion would replace Fernando Alonso next season on a three-year deal. Full Article