Bolt to run 200 in Paris Diamond League meeting
PARIS (Reuters) - Six-times Olympic champion Usain Bolt will race over 200 metres at the Paris Golden League meeting on July 6 as part of his buildup for the Moscow world athletics championships in the following month.
The Jamaican world-record holder will compete against France's European 100 metres champion Christophe Lemaitre in the final race of the evening. Lemaitre finished third in the 2011 Daegu world championships 200 metres which was won by Bolt.
Bolt, 26, who became the only man to win the 100-200 metres double at successive Olympics during last year's London Games, will compete in a 150 metres race on Brazil's Copacabana beach on March 31.
His only other confirmed race this year is over 200 metres at Oslo's Bislett Games on June 13. (Reporting by John Mehaffey; Editing by Clare Fallon)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border
- Cricket - Moeen probed after sporting 'Save Gaza' wristbands
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site
- Israel extends Gaza ceasefire for 24 hours, Hamas rejects terms
- UPDATE 2-Consumer Reports wants Toyota to recall older Camry hybrids
Ian Bell returned to form in spectacular fashion with a superb 167 and debutant Jos Buttler also shone to help England strengthen their dominant position over India on the second day of the third test on Monday. Full Article