Morgan Stanley, Nomura upgrade Bharti Airtel
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Morgan Stanley raised its rating on Bharti Airtel Ltd (BRTI.NS) to "overweight" from "equalweight," citing positive factors for the sector such as rising tariffs and data volumes, falling capital spending and eased competitive intensity.
Morgan Stanley said the "failure" of the recent 900 Mhz auction also lowered regulatory risk for India's mobile sector, and upgraded Idea Cellular Ltd (IDEA.NS) as part of the same report dated Wednesday.
Nomura also raised its rating on Bharti, but to "neutral" from "reduce", citing a recent share price drop. Nomura said it remained "relatively cautious" on the sector given high valuations, regulatory "drama", and a "low" degree of confidence in earnings.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi and Manoj Dharra; Writing by Rafael Nam; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed - Algerian official
- Alabama man sues, claiming penis amputated instead of circumcised
- Taiwan launches inquiry into plane crash that killed 48
- Wipro sees strong sales growth, eyes Europe deals
- Honda's Mobilio car looks to repeat Indonesia success in India
Sri Lankan, Indian central banks agree scope for government debt buys. Full Article