Prioritisation of spending key to fiscal consolidation: government
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The finance ministry delivered a report on the state of the economy on Wednesday, a day before Finance Minister P. Chidambaram unveils what is expected to be the most austere federal budget in years.
The annual report was prepared by Raghuram Rajan, the former chief economist to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), who became the top adviser in the finance ministry last year.
(Reporting by Tony Munroe)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Obama, Modi vow to boost strategic ties, create model for world
- Preview: Basel fans baffled by new coach Sousa's switches
- Preview: Arsenal must now beat Galatasaray, says Cazorla
- Police arrest 140 for religious clashes in Vadodara as Modi tours U.S.
- Modi orders officials to clean loos on Gandhi's birthday
U.S. President Barack Obama and new Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi vowed on Monday to expand and deepen their countries' strategic partnership and make it a model for the rest of the world. Full Article | Full Coverage
China final HSBC PMI steady in September on stronger global demand but risks remain Full Article
Police arrest 140 for religious clashes in Vadodara as Modi tours U.S. Full Article