Prioritisation of spending key to fiscal consolidation: government
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The finance ministry delivered a report on the state of the economy on Wednesday, a day before Finance Minister P. Chidambaram unveils what is expected to be the most austere federal budget in years.
The annual report was prepared by Raghuram Rajan, the former chief economist to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), who became the top adviser in the finance ministry last year.
(Reporting by Tony Munroe)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Billionaire investor Icahn steps up pressure on Apple
- UPDATE 3-Actor Walker died from multiple injuries in crash, 'Fast 7' filming halted
- UPDATE 4-German minister snubs Ukraine leaders on Kiev visit
- UPDATE 8-Soccer-English premier league top scorers
- Actor Walker died from multiple injuries in crash, 'Fast 7' filming halted |
The Hindu nationalist opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) emerged as the biggest winner in four key state elections, exit polls forecast on Wednesday, a possible blow to the ruling Congress ahead of a general election due next year. Full Article