Prioritisation of spending key to fiscal consolidation: government
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The finance ministry delivered a report on the state of the economy on Wednesday, a day before Finance Minister P. Chidambaram unveils what is expected to be the most austere federal budget in years.
The annual report was prepared by Raghuram Rajan, the former chief economist to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), who became the top adviser in the finance ministry last year.
(Reporting by Tony Munroe)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Avalanche kills at least 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount Everest
- UPDATE 10-Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- Mediterranean diet may slow diabetes progression
- UPDATE 5-U.S. further delays final decision on Keystone XL pipeline
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article
Turning smog into jewels - a Dutch designer's solution to Beijing's pollution. Video