Prioritisation of spending key to fiscal consolidation: government
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The finance ministry delivered a report on the state of the economy on Wednesday, a day before Finance Minister P. Chidambaram unveils what is expected to be the most austere federal budget in years.
The annual report was prepared by Raghuram Rajan, the former chief economist to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), who became the top adviser in the finance ministry last year.
(Reporting by Tony Munroe)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs
- Australia's Wesfarmers plans A$1.12 billion insurance spinoff - report
- UPDATE 6-Libya threatens to bomb N.Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port
- Michigan woman dead for six years found only after money runs out
- Global diets get more similar in threat to food security-study
PLANE GOES MISSING
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew was presumed to have crashed off the Vietnamese coast on Saturday, and European officials said two people on board were using false identities. Full Article