Prioritisation of spending key to fiscal consolidation: government
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The finance ministry delivered a report on the state of the economy on Wednesday, a day before Finance Minister P. Chidambaram unveils what is expected to be the most austere federal budget in years.
The annual report was prepared by Raghuram Rajan, the former chief economist to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), who became the top adviser in the finance ministry last year.
(Reporting by Tony Munroe)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- More quakes jolt Iceland overnight, spread to second volcano
- Modi slams whispering campaign against Rajnath Singh
- Pakistan's prime minister resolved to ride out protests crisis
- India's coal crunch - a chance to revamp, reallocate and revive
COAL BLOCK ALLOCATIONS
A Supreme Court ruling this week that India's decades-old method of granting coal mining concessions is illegal could herald much-needed reforms in a sector long dogged by the inability of state-run Coal India to raise output fast enough. Read
Kleiner to invest in messaging startup Snapchat at near-$10 bln valuation - report. Full Article