Prioritisation of spending key to fiscal consolidation: government
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The finance ministry delivered a report on the state of the economy on Wednesday, a day before Finance Minister P. Chidambaram unveils what is expected to be the most austere federal budget in years.
The annual report was prepared by Raghuram Rajan, the former chief economist to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), who became the top adviser in the finance ministry last year.
(Reporting by Tony Munroe)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. SEC to pay $30 million-plus in largest whistleblower award
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5 |
- US STOCKS-Housing data hits Wall St; S&P has worst day since Aug 5
- Housing data hits Wall St; S&P has worst day since Aug 5
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX hits six-week low on China fears, commodity prices
Modi's U.S. Trip
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on his first trip to New York as leader of the world's most populous democracy, will draw perhaps the largest crowd ever by a foreign leader on U.S. soil when he takes the stage on Sunday in Madison Square Garden before a crowd forecast to total more than 18,000 people. Full Article