Prioritisation of spending key to fiscal consolidation: government
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The finance ministry delivered a report on the state of the economy on Wednesday, a day before Finance Minister P. Chidambaram unveils what is expected to be the most austere federal budget in years.
The annual report was prepared by Raghuram Rajan, the former chief economist to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), who became the top adviser in the finance ministry last year.
(Reporting by Tony Munroe)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- UPDATE 4-Liberian man in Lagos being tested for Ebola
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- Asian economies to struggle on weak export demand - Reuters poll
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
India will find it difficult to support new global customs rules without "an assurance and visible outcomes" that a permanent solution is being negotiated over its concerns about public food stockholdings, the trade minister said on Friday. Full Article