Prioritisation of spending key to fiscal consolidation: government
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The finance ministry delivered a report on the state of the economy on Wednesday, a day before Finance Minister P. Chidambaram unveils what is expected to be the most austere federal budget in years.
The annual report was prepared by Raghuram Rajan, the former chief economist to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), who became the top adviser in the finance ministry last year.
(Reporting by Tony Munroe)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- One dead, one wounded in shooting in Chicago financial district
- Israel, Palestinians locked in vicious circle of Gaza wars
- U.S. advises against non-essential travel to countries hit by Ebola
- Millions of jellyfish-like creatures wash up on western U.S. beaches
- UPDATE 3-Apache to quit gas projects in Australia and Canada
The United States said on Thursday it was hopeful that differences between India and much of the rest of the world over a major trade agreement could be resolved in time, with only hours remaining before the deal has to be signed. Full Article
ONGC, Oil India bid $1.5 bln for stake in Murphy Oil's Malaysia assets - sources Full Article