Economic Survey: inflation seen declining to 6.2-6.6 percent by March
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The finance ministry delivered a report on the state of the economy on Wednesday, a day before Finance Minister P. Chidambaram unveils what is expected to be the most austere budget in years.
The annual report was prepared by Raghuram Rajan, the former chief economist to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), who became the top adviser in the finance ministry last year.
(Reporting By Frank Jack Daniel)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- South Africa, world mourn 'giant for justice' Nelson Mandela
- Study casts doubt on whether extra vitamin D prevents disease
- Delhi's rubble-strewn Connaught Place mirrors Congress' election struggle
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- UPDATE 4-Child killed in Idaho school bus accident, 4 more hurt
Ministers from nearly 160 member countries of the World Trade Organisation entered a final day of negotiations on Friday with officials sounding optimistic over chances of salvaging a deal that would save the trade body from sliding into irrelevance. Full Article