Economic Survey: inflation seen declining to 6.2-6.6 percent by March
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The finance ministry delivered a report on the state of the economy on Wednesday, a day before Finance Minister P. Chidambaram unveils what is expected to be the most austere budget in years.
The annual report was prepared by Raghuram Rajan, the former chief economist to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), who became the top adviser in the finance ministry last year.
(Reporting By Frank Jack Daniel)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Best Buy CEO says tablet sales are "crashing" - Re/code
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip
- UPDATE 2-Hyundai recalls 883,000 Sonata sedans in U.S. for transmission issue
- Kerry presses India on global trade deal as deadline looms
- A minute with: Chris Pratt on going from slob to film heartthrob
Kerry in India
U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry, who arrived in India on Wednesday for an official visit, has pressed New Delhi to drop its opposition to global trade reforms, saying it was a test of the country's commitment to advance economic liberalisation. Full Article | Slideshow