Economic Survey: inflation seen declining to 6.2-6.6 percent by March
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The finance ministry delivered a report on the state of the economy on Wednesday, a day before Finance Minister P. Chidambaram unveils what is expected to be the most austere budget in years.
The annual report was prepared by Raghuram Rajan, the former chief economist to the International Monetary Fund (IMF), who became the top adviser in the finance ministry last year.
(Reporting By Frank Jack Daniel)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea - Malaysian air force
- "Small, encouraging signs" in Michael Schumacher's condition - agent
- Fannie, Freddie shares tumble on Senate proposal for wind-down
- Malaysia seeks India's help in search for missing airliner
- UPDATE 3-Energy XXI to buy rival to take on private explorers in US Gulf
India's flagging economy delivered rare good news on Wednesday with a slight expansion of industrial production and further cooling in consumer prices, offering some respite to the ruling coalition before next month's general election. Article | Expert views