Comedian Will Ferrell to be honored with MTV award
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Will Ferrell will be honored by MTV at its 2013 movie awards show in April for his work in television and film comedy, the cable television network said on Wednesday.
The actor and comedian, who spent years on the TV show "Saturday Night Live" and appeared in the films "Anchorman" and "Elf," will receive MTV's first Comedic Genius Award.
"Over the course of his extraordinary, 17-plus-year career, he has entertained audiences across the globe with an impressive array of laugh-out-loud performances on air, online and in films," Stephen Friedman, MTV's president, said in a statement.
Ferrell will receive the award at the April 14 show from the Sony Pictures Studios Lot in Culver City, California.
(Reporting by Noreen O'Donnell; Editing by Patricia Reaney and Eric Beech)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Plague in Madagascar has killed 40 people out of 119 cases -WHO
- Widespread flooding ahead for snowy western New York: officials |
- U.S., Iran discussing new ideas to break nuclear impasse - sources
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Video streaming service Aereo files for bankruptcy
It’s not just gold imports that India is trying to curb. It looks like Kim Kardashian’s visit to India and her guest spot on the TV show “Bigg Boss” won’t happen after all. Reuters confirmed through two sources — who predictably enough didn’t want to be quoted — that the appearance on the Colors TV network programme has been cancelled because of a “visa issue”. Full Article