Comedian Will Ferrell to be honored with MTV award
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Will Ferrell will be honored by MTV at its 2013 movie awards show in April for his work in television and film comedy, the cable television network said on Wednesday.
The actor and comedian, who spent years on the TV show "Saturday Night Live" and appeared in the films "Anchorman" and "Elf," will receive MTV's first Comedic Genius Award.
"Over the course of his extraordinary, 17-plus-year career, he has entertained audiences across the globe with an impressive array of laugh-out-loud performances on air, online and in films," Stephen Friedman, MTV's president, said in a statement.
Ferrell will receive the award at the April 14 show from the Sony Pictures Studios Lot in Culver City, California.
(Reporting by Noreen O'Donnell; Editing by Patricia Reaney and Eric Beech)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Controlling the message: Modi chooses state media
- IBM to pay Globalfoundries $1.5 bln to take chip unit off its hands -WSJ
- U.S. military says air-drops weapons for Kurdish fighters near Kobani
- Microsoft plans to launch smartwatch within weeks: Forbes
- Sensex surges nearly 300 points on energy reforms, state elections
Brad Pitt's gritty World War Two drama "Fury" conquered all box office foes over the weekend, ringing up $23.5 million in ticket sales at theaters in the U.S. and Canada. Full Article