HIGHLIGHTS-India's 2013/14 budget
NEW DELHI Feb 28 (Reuters) - India unveiled a surge in government spending on Thursday, despite expectations of an austerity budget to shore up its finances, imposing new taxes on the rich and large companies to fund a dash for growth ahead of an election due by next year.
Reuters India special budget page online
TAKE A LOOK-India budget coverage
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Turkish president rejects Facebook, YouTube ban over wiretaps
- UPDATE 1-"Everything is fine", Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend
- CEO in apparent suicide was bitcoin fan, had other issues, too
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- UPDATE 3-Indian shares rally to record as foreign investors buy big
Sahara’s investment programmes include schemes that are similar to a typical Indian bank’s fixed or recurring deposits. But the arrest of the company's chief Subrata Roy last week and the court case over an outlawed bond scheme are raising fears among some investors who worry they will not get their money back. Full Article