Fitch analyst says 2013/14 budget won't impact Indian ratings
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Fitch Ratings sovereign analyst Art Woo said on Thursday the 2013/14 budget will not impact India's sovereign ratings, although the country could find it challenging to meet its fiscal deficit target of 4.8 percent for the next fiscal year.
Woo told Reuters Fitch continues to maintain its "negative" outlook and India's "BBB-minus" rating.
"I wouldn't say it's unrealistic. I think it's just going to be challenging," said Art Woo in a phone interview, referring to India's fiscal deficit target of 4.8 percent.
(Reporting by Neha Dasgupta; Additional reporting by Shamik Paul; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Air Algerie plane from Burkina Faso has crashed - Algerian official
- Taiwan launches inquiry into plane crash that killed 48
- Wipro sees strong sales growth, eyes Europe deals
- Honda's Mobilio car looks to repeat Indonesia success in India
- Exclusive - Ukraine rebel commander acknowledges fighters had BUK missile
India is set to offer Nepal a landmark pact to help develop its huge hydro-electric power potential as the South Asian giant takes another step to re-assert influence among smaller neighbours where China has been forging closer ties. Full Article