BSE Sensex gains ahead of budget
Reuters Market Eye - The BSE Sensex gains 0.62 percent, while the 50-share Nifty is also up 0.57 percent.
Reliance Industries (RELI.NS) gains 0.6 percent, while Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC.NS) is up 1.7 percent, on hopes of a favourable federal budget.
Gains also track positive Asian shares and other risk assets as sentiment improved after U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke reaffirmed his commitment to strong stimulus.
Technology shares gain, Infosys Ltd (INFY.NS) up 0.7 percent on expectations the budget would provide incentives to exporters.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Xiaomi moves into third place in global smartphone war
- UPDATE 5-Bike-riding U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine, on collision course with governor
- Skin-eating Asian fungus imperils world's salamanders
India's universal health plan that aims to offer guaranteed benefits to a sixth of the world's population will cost an estimated 1.6 trillion rupees ($26 billion) over the next four years, a senior health ministry official said. Full Article