BSE Sensex gains ahead of budget
Reuters Market Eye - The BSE Sensex gains 0.62 percent, while the 50-share Nifty is also up 0.57 percent.
Reliance Industries (RELI.NS) gains 0.6 percent, while Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC.NS) is up 1.7 percent, on hopes of a favourable federal budget.
Gains also track positive Asian shares and other risk assets as sentiment improved after U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke reaffirmed his commitment to strong stimulus.
Technology shares gain, Infosys Ltd (INFY.NS) up 0.7 percent on expectations the budget would provide incentives to exporters.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west
- UPDATE 3-U.S. Senate intelligence chief accuses CIA of spying on Senate
- UPDATE 5-Libyan parliament sacks PM after tanker escapes rebel-held port
- UPDATE 3-Time running out for EU bid to engage Russia, Germany warns
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions
MISSING MALAYSIAN PLANE
Malaysia's military believes a jetliner missing for almost four days turned and flew hundreds of kilometres to the west after it last made contact with civilian air traffic control off the country's east coast, a senior officer told Reuters on Tuesday. Full Article | Slideshow
India halts plan to join global bond indexes, defers Euroclear - sources. Full Article
EXCLUSIVE - India to slash Iran oil imports to meet nuclear deal parameters: sources. Full Article