BSE Sensex gains ahead of budget
Reuters Market Eye - The BSE Sensex gains 0.62 percent, while the 50-share Nifty is also up 0.57 percent.
Reliance Industries (RELI.NS) gains 0.6 percent, while Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC.NS) is up 1.7 percent, on hopes of a favourable federal budget.
Gains also track positive Asian shares and other risk assets as sentiment improved after U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke reaffirmed his commitment to strong stimulus.
Technology shares gain, Infosys Ltd (INFY.NS) up 0.7 percent on expectations the budget would provide incentives to exporters.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Analysis - Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors
- U.S. gasoline prices tumble on back of refinery cuts- Lundberg survey
- 'Lucy,' 'Hercules' beat expectations at U.S. weekend box offices
- U.S. diplomats' return to Libya could be more hazardous than exit
- Israel extends Gaza ceasefire for 24 hours, Hamas rejects terms
New Prime Minister Narendra Modi is facing criticism for remaining silent about incidents deemed anti-Muslim in the past week, underscoring fears that his Hindu nationalist followers will upset religious relations in the multi-faith nation. Full Article