BSE Sensex gains ahead of budget
Reuters Market Eye - The BSE Sensex gains 0.62 percent, while the 50-share Nifty is also up 0.57 percent.
Reliance Industries (RELI.NS) gains 0.6 percent, while Oil and Natural Gas Corp (ONGC.NS) is up 1.7 percent, on hopes of a favourable federal budget.
Gains also track positive Asian shares and other risk assets as sentiment improved after U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke reaffirmed his commitment to strong stimulus.
Technology shares gain, Infosys Ltd (INFY.NS) up 0.7 percent on expectations the budget would provide incentives to exporters.
(Reporting by Abhishek Vishnoi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- UPDATE 3-Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
The BSE Sensex on Tuesday breached the psychologically key level of 27,000 points for the first time to hit its third consecutive record high as blue-chips such as HDFC Bank gained after recent data raises hopes about the economy. Full Article