FM: rate cuts to help India achieve 6.5 percent growth
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Reduction of interest rates will help India achieve a growth rate of 6.5 percent in 2013/14, Finance Minister P. Chidambaram told ET Now television channel on Friday.
Chidambaram on Thursday unveiled a surge in government spending, and said he expects the economy to grow at 6.5 percent in the next financial year ending in March, 2014.
(Reporting by Suvashree Choudhury; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast-source
- UPDATE 3-U.S. Senate intelligence chief accuses CIA of spying on Senate
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions
- UPDATE 3-Libyan navy attacks ship carrying oil from rebel port; PM sacked
- Maoists kill 16 in attack on police
MISSING MALAYSIAN PLANE
Malaysia's military believes a jetliner missing for almost four days turned and flew hundreds of kilometres to the west after it last made contact with civilian air traffic control off the country's east coast, a senior officer told Reuters on Tuesday. Full Article | Slideshow
India halts plan to join global bond indexes, defers Euroclear - sources. Full Article
EXCLUSIVE - India to slash Iran oil imports to meet nuclear deal parameters: sources. Full Article