FM: rate cuts to help India achieve 6.5 percent growth
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Reduction of interest rates will help India achieve a growth rate of 6.5 percent in 2013/14, Finance Minister P. Chidambaram told ET Now television channel on Friday.
Chidambaram on Thursday unveiled a surge in government spending, and said he expects the economy to grow at 6.5 percent in the next financial year ending in March, 2014.
(Reporting by Suvashree Choudhury; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- Computer spying malware uncovered with 'stealth' features - Symantec
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan
- Pope declares sainthood of two Indians, four Italians
- Iran, powers set to miss nuclear talks deadline, seek extension
India approved on Saturday the purchase of 814 mounted gun systems for the army at a cost of 157.5 billion rupees ($2.55 billion), a defence ministry spokesman said. Full Article