FM: rate cuts to help India achieve 6.5 percent growth
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Reduction of interest rates will help India achieve a growth rate of 6.5 percent in 2013/14, Finance Minister P. Chidambaram told ET Now television channel on Friday.
Chidambaram on Thursday unveiled a surge in government spending, and said he expects the economy to grow at 6.5 percent in the next financial year ending in March, 2014.
(Reporting by Suvashree Choudhury; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canada's parliament attacked near where PM Harper was speaking
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- UPDATE 4-U.S. tightens Ebola monitoring for West African visitors
- UPDATE 2-Divided U.S. SEC adopts mortgage rule, decries lax lending
- Air strikes kill around 25 Islamic State fighters in Iraq - residents
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article