FM: rate cuts to help India achieve 6.5 percent growth
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Reduction of interest rates will help India achieve a growth rate of 6.5 percent in 2013/14, Finance Minister P. Chidambaram told ET Now television channel on Friday.
Chidambaram on Thursday unveiled a surge in government spending, and said he expects the economy to grow at 6.5 percent in the next financial year ending in March, 2014.
(Reporting by Suvashree Choudhury; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- Russian military likely reluctant participants in Ukraine-US general
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
- India blocks WTO deal on customs rules as deadline nears
- UPDATE 4-Liberian man in Lagos being tested for Ebola
India blocked an agreement on new global customs rules on Thursday, angering fellow members of the World Trade Organization who say Delhi's veto could be costly, economically and politically. Full Article