The Troubled Rupee
A top official said the government has options to stem a fall in the rupee but did not offer any specifics, turning the focus on the RBI to stem a rout that sent the rupee to record lows. Full Article
- "Hazardous" air, murky skies in Singapore from Indonesian fires
- Rupee at record low as India seen lacking options to brake fall
- Rupee slumps to record low; bonds, stocks slump
- UPDATE 1-U.S. states, greens delay lawsuit, await Obama climate plan
- Finance minister holds meeting with officials over rupee fall
Confused while buying stocks? Get buy, sell or hold recommendations from VantageTrade. Full Coverage
February CPI inflation at 10.91 percent
NEW DELHI |
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India's annual consumer price inflation accelerated to 10.91 percent in February from the previous month, government data showed on Tuesday.
Consumer prices rose an annual 10.79 percent in January.
India's retail inflation is the highest among the BRICS group of emerging economies - Brazil, Russia, China, and South Africa.
Food prices for consumers rose 13.73 percent in February from 13.36 percent in January. (Reporting by Manoj Kumar; Editing by Subhranshu Sahu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this