Inflation gives RBI room to cut rates: PM adviser
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The government data released on Thursday gives the Reserve Bank of India room to ease monetary policy when it meets next week, the prime minister's economic adviser, C. Rangarajan, said.
"As of now, the numbers provide some comfort for the authorities to move in the direction of easing," he said on CNBC-TV18 television news channel.
(Reporting By Ross Colvin, editing by Rajesh Kumar Singh)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- NTT DoCoMo to exit India, unload entire stake in Tata Teleservices - sources
- UPDATE 3-Apple, Google agree to settle lawsuit alleging hiring conspiracy
- Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 million to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- UPDATE 2-FCC pushes back against criticism over Internet traffic plan
- New Microsoft CEO Nadella impresses Wall Street, stresses challenges
Japan's NTT DoCoMo will unload its 26.5 percent stake in loss-making Indian mobile phone joint venture Tata Teleservices and exit the country as it struggles with tough price competition, sources familiar with the matter said. Full Article | Quote
India may cede top rice exporter spot under Southeast Asian price onslaught. Full Article