Inflation gives RBI room to cut rates: PM adviser
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The government data released on Thursday gives the Reserve Bank of India room to ease monetary policy when it meets next week, the prime minister's economic adviser, C. Rangarajan, said.
"As of now, the numbers provide some comfort for the authorities to move in the direction of easing," he said on CNBC-TV18 television news channel.
(Reporting By Ross Colvin, editing by Rajesh Kumar Singh)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- UPDATE 2-UK launches hunt for man with British accent on beheading video
- Islamic State opens new anti-U.S. front with beheading video
- UPDATE 1-Sears Canada reports loss, revenue slides 12 pct
- Govt begins revamp of Food Corporation of India to cut waste, tame prices
Addressing India's Infra Needs
The World Bank's private-sector financing arm on Wednesday launched $2.5 billion, rupee-denominated, bonds in the Indian market to fund infrastructure projects, after raising $1 billion in offshore bonds for the sector last year. Full Article