Inflation gives RBI room to cut rates: PM adviser
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The government data released on Thursday gives the Reserve Bank of India room to ease monetary policy when it meets next week, the prime minister's economic adviser, C. Rangarajan, said.
"As of now, the numbers provide some comfort for the authorities to move in the direction of easing," he said on CNBC-TV18 television news channel.
(Reporting By Ross Colvin, editing by Rajesh Kumar Singh)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sensex hits record high as BJP wins state polls
- Singapore's 'Little India' hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested
- Anti-corruption crusader Kejriwal stuns Indian politics with election surge
- Congress stumbles as opponent Modi marches on
- China data boosts world shares, nerves hold over U.S. bond-buying taper
The BJP vowed on Monday to seize the momentum from a string of big state poll victories and smooth the tough job of broadening its appeal beyond traditional northern strongholds in time for a national election next year. Full Article