Inflation gives RBI room to cut rates: PM adviser
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - The government data released on Thursday gives the Reserve Bank of India room to ease monetary policy when it meets next week, the prime minister's economic adviser, C. Rangarajan, said.
"As of now, the numbers provide some comfort for the authorities to move in the direction of easing," he said on CNBC-TV18 television news channel.
(Reporting By Ross Colvin, editing by Rajesh Kumar Singh)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- EXCLUSIVE - Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- UPDATE 2-Interpol probes more suspect passports from missing flight
- Afghanistan's powerful Vice President Fahim dies
- India set to challenge U.S. for election-spending record
Officials investigating the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner with 239 people on board suspect it may have disintegrated in mid-flight, a senior source said on Sunday, as Vietnam reported a possible sighting of wreckage from the plane. Article | Exclusive