Government says has not received proposal for Jet-Etihad deal
REUTERS - India has so far not received a formal proposal from Etihad for investing in Jet Airways(JET.NS), trade minister Anand Sharma told reporters on Thursday.
Etihad has been in talks with Jet to buy a 24 percent stake, government sources have told Reuters.
"We have not received any formal proposal, so far," Sharma said on the deal.
An official at the trade ministry had said in January that Etihad would soon apply to India's foreign investment approval authority for investing in Jet.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola calls treatment "frenzy of disorganization"
- Google executive sets new stratosphere skydive world record
- Wall Street finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Former Cream frontman Jack Bruce dies aged 71
- São Paulo running out of water as rain-making Amazon vanishes
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley favours a cut in interest rates to trigger demand in the construction sector, a newspaper report said on Saturday, but the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has signalled it will not ease policy until it is confident of lower inflation. Full Article
Euro zone risks "relapse into recession" without structural reforms - Draghi. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article