Government says has not received proposal for Jet-Etihad deal
REUTERS - India has so far not received a formal proposal from Etihad for investing in Jet Airways(JET.NS), trade minister Anand Sharma told reporters on Thursday.
Etihad has been in talks with Jet to buy a 24 percent stake, government sources have told Reuters.
"We have not received any formal proposal, so far," Sharma said on the deal.
An official at the trade ministry had said in January that Etihad would soon apply to India's foreign investment approval authority for investing in Jet.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- PM Modi boots officials out of the first class cabin
The BSE Sensex and Nifty on Friday rose to their second consecutive record highs. The 30-share Sensex surged as much as 1.52 percent to an all-time high of 27,762.13. The broader Nifty gained as much as 1.49 percent to a record of 8,291.65. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article