Government says has not received proposal for Jet-Etihad deal
REUTERS - India has so far not received a formal proposal from Etihad for investing in Jet Airways(JET.NS), trade minister Anand Sharma told reporters on Thursday.
Etihad has been in talks with Jet to buy a 24 percent stake, government sources have told Reuters.
"We have not received any formal proposal, so far," Sharma said on the deal.
An official at the trade ministry had said in January that Etihad would soon apply to India's foreign investment approval authority for investing in Jet.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Supreme Court turns the clock back with gay sex ban
- Rajan says to unveil steps to tackle financial stress
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 2-India's Supreme Court turns the clock back with gay sex ban
- UPDATE 3-GM to halt car production in Australia, industry in crisis