Government says has not received proposal for Jet-Etihad deal
REUTERS - India has so far not received a formal proposal from Etihad for investing in Jet Airways(JET.NS), trade minister Anand Sharma told reporters on Thursday.
Etihad has been in talks with Jet to buy a 24 percent stake, government sources have told Reuters.
"We have not received any formal proposal, so far," Sharma said on the deal.
An official at the trade ministry had said in January that Etihad would soon apply to India's foreign investment approval authority for investing in Jet.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Lax security in focus after attack at Canada's parliament
- India hope to get boxer Sarita Devi's suspension reversed
- China's Xiaomi shifts some smartphone user data out of Beijing on privacy concerns
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby
India could allow commercial coal mining by foreign companies if they set up units in the country, opening the door for global giants like Rio Tinto to access the world's fifth largest coal reserves, a source familiar with the matter said. Full Article