Rain suspends play after South African recovery
REUTERS - South Africa had recovered from a poor start to reach 177 for seven in the 39th over when rain suspended play in the second one day international against Pakistan in Pretoria on Friday.
Pakistan pace bowler Mohammad Irfan had reduced the hosts to 62 for five as he claimed four for 33 in a fierce-some spell of fast bowling on a wicket that has variable bounce.
Farhaan Behardien (58) scored his maiden limited-over half-century before falling victim to Mohammad Hafeez shortly before the break.
Robin Petersen was 39 not out and Kyle Abbott was unbeaten on four.
(Reporting by Nick Said in Cape Town; editing by Alison Wildey)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Best Buy CEO says tablet sales are "crashing" - Re/code
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza Strip
- UPDATE 2-Hyundai recalls 883,000 Sonata sedans in U.S. for transmission issue
- Kerry presses India on global trade deal as deadline looms
- A minute with: Chris Pratt on going from slob to film heartthrob