Rain suspends play after South African recovery
REUTERS - South Africa had recovered from a poor start to reach 177 for seven in the 39th over when rain suspended play in the second one day international against Pakistan in Pretoria on Friday.
Pakistan pace bowler Mohammad Irfan had reduced the hosts to 62 for five as he claimed four for 33 in a fierce-some spell of fast bowling on a wicket that has variable bounce.
Farhaan Behardien (58) scored his maiden limited-over half-century before falling victim to Mohammad Hafeez shortly before the break.
Robin Petersen was 39 not out and Kyle Abbott was unbeaten on four.
(Reporting by Nick Said in Cape Town; editing by Alison Wildey)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- UPDATE 1-UK's Labour suffers setback as leader in Scotland quits
- India picks Israel's Spike anti-tank missile over U.S. Javelin - source
- Modi takes tea, but no questions, in first press event as PM
Rafa Nadal's announcement on Friday that he will miss the ATP World Tour Finals because of appendicitis ended a difficult year for the Spaniard during which he has endured injury, illness and worrying defeats. Full Article