Rain suspends play after South African recovery
REUTERS - South Africa had recovered from a poor start to reach 177 for seven in the 39th over when rain suspended play in the second one day international against Pakistan in Pretoria on Friday.
Pakistan pace bowler Mohammad Irfan had reduced the hosts to 62 for five as he claimed four for 33 in a fierce-some spell of fast bowling on a wicket that has variable bounce.
Farhaan Behardien (58) scored his maiden limited-over half-century before falling victim to Mohammad Hafeez shortly before the break.
Robin Petersen was 39 not out and Kyle Abbott was unbeaten on four.
(Reporting by Nick Said in Cape Town; editing by Alison Wildey)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- UPDATE 2-Texas investor Sam Wyly files for bankruptcy after losing SEC fraud case
- UPDATE 6-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
Serena Williams shook off the rust and a feisty challenge from Serbia's Ana Ivanovic to open the defence of her WTA Finals title with a 6-4 6-4 victory in the opening match of the elite eight-player tournament on Monday. Full Article