South Africa opener Smith to miss decisive ODI
CAPE TOWN (Reuters) - South Africa opener Graeme Smith is out of the final one-day international on Sunday after his troublesome left ankle flared up during Pakistan's three-wicket win on Thursday.
The selectors have yet to decide on his replacement for the series decider, a Cricket South Africa statement said on Friday.
"Smith has been given a period of rest and rehabilitation on chronic left ankle injury," it added.
South Africa and Pakistan are level at 2-2 in the five-match ODI series, which serves as a warm-up for the Champions Trophy in England in June.
(Reporting by Mark Gleeson; Editing by Mark Meadows)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 2-Chipotle raising prices as steak, avocados, cheese costs rise
- Scientists find Earth-sized world in orbit friendly to life
- 'X-Men' director Bryan Singer accused of drugging, raping teen
- Search for Malaysia Airlines jet refocuses on drone scans of seafloor
Rafa Nadal and Roger Federer demonstrated their superior class on clay as they eased into the quarter-finals of the Monte Carlo Masters on Thursday. Full Article