South Africa opener Smith to miss decisive ODI
CAPE TOWN (Reuters) - South Africa opener Graeme Smith is out of the final one-day international on Sunday after his troublesome left ankle flared up during Pakistan's three-wicket win on Thursday.
The selectors have yet to decide on his replacement for the series decider, a Cricket South Africa statement said on Friday.
"Smith has been given a period of rest and rehabilitation on chronic left ankle injury," it added.
South Africa and Pakistan are level at 2-2 in the five-match ODI series, which serves as a warm-up for the Champions Trophy in England in June.
(Reporting by Mark Gleeson; Editing by Mark Meadows)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- INSIGHT - As Islamic State fighters begin to blend in, defeating them no easy matter
- RBI rule handicaps India's infrastructure hopes
- Japan aims to double India investment in 5 years - Nikkei
- Family of seriously ill Joan Rivers 'keeping fingers crossed' -daughter