South Africa opener Smith to miss decisive ODI
CAPE TOWN (Reuters) - South Africa opener Graeme Smith is out of the final one-day international on Sunday after his troublesome left ankle flared up during Pakistan's three-wicket win on Thursday.
The selectors have yet to decide on his replacement for the series decider, a Cricket South Africa statement said on Friday.
"Smith has been given a period of rest and rehabilitation on chronic left ankle injury," it added.
South Africa and Pakistan are level at 2-2 in the five-match ODI series, which serves as a warm-up for the Champions Trophy in England in June.
(Reporting by Mark Gleeson; Editing by Mark Meadows)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Sensex surges 500 points on BOJ easing, L&T gains
- PRECIOUS-Gold, silver tumble to four-year lows as dollar rallies
- Japan's central bank shocks markets with more easing as inflation slows